V35 Remote

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

V35 Remote

Xfinity (Comcast) just installed a new cable box and my Bose remote will not control it.  I tried to perform both an automatice and manual setup, but neither worked.  I believe the cable box is manufactured by Arris, but I am not surre.  Anyway none of the Xfinity or Arris codes worked.  How can I determine if my V35 needs an update to handle this or will and update even work.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: V35 Remote

Hello drcsue, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty with this.

Would you be able to confirm the Brand and Model of the system so that I can look into this for you?

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Audible Advocate

My Bose is a V35 whole house system.  My Bose remote is the standard they came with the equipment.  

I am not sure about the Xfinity cable box.  It might be Arris, but I cannot be sure.

I just tried Bose support and they are arguing with me that my Bose remote is IR.  If that is the case, I do not understand why I can be in another room and control the V35 console.

I have tried to use the techniques shown on the setup process, but the Bose will not recognize the commands from the device remote.  I have also tried to key in the various codes for both Xfinity and Arris, but nothing works.

Dennis

Hello drcsue,

Thanks for getting back in touch and providing the additional information. I would be more than happy to help you with this issue today, could you please tell me what troubleshooting you have already tried with customer service so that I do not repeat anything for you? What was the outcome of the call?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Audible Advocate

The outcome of the call was they told me I did not know what I was talking about.  They did not try to help me at all.  They said my Bose remote is infrared and a cable box remote will not work with the V35.  Everything was fine with the Bose remote before comcast changed the cable box.  I have the infrared pickup connected to the Bose so my cable remote will control the power and volume controls. Prior to calling them I tried both methods outlined in the setup screens.  I am just not sure who manufactures this box from Comcast.  I looked at the model on the back of the box and searched the internet and I think it is an Arris.

Dennis

Hello drcsue,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I apologize for the feeling that the customer service representative gave you, we do not want you to feel we are not helping you. Typically the remote that comes with the V35 is an Infrared Remote, unless perhaps you are using another remote from Bose that did not come with the system? 

It is very strange the remote has stopped once introducing the new cable box, I am curious to know if you changed back to the previous cable box if it would work again? Is this something you could test if you still have the box?

Can I also confirm that when you are reprogramming your remote you are taking the steps listed below:

1. Power on your system
  2. On the system console, press the Setup button
    Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected.
  3. On the remote control, scroll down to select [Source] setup, then press the OK button
  4. Select a programming mode:
    • If you have the remote that came with the device you are trying to control, scroll to Set up the remote, then press the OK button
    • If you do not have the remote that came with the device you are trying to control, scroll to Manual remote code entry, then press the OKbutton (Note: Note: When prompted, a brand and code must be selected)
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete programming.

It would also be good to check whether the cable box has IR emitter capability, this should be fairly easy as long as you have the model number and make. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Audible Advocate

Zoe,

I am using the remote(s) that came with the V35.  I two amps, one for downstairs and one for upstairs.  With both remotes I can be anywhere in the house and control the Bose system.  From upstairs, using that remote, I can switch the V35 to different music sources without pointing the remote at the system.  I always thought that if you could control the device without pointing the remoted directly at it, that meant it is a RF remote.  What is weird, I can control some of the V35 functions with the remote that came with the cable box.

I do not have the old box to swap it out.  I tried to use both approaches to set up the remote.  Neither will work.

Dennis

Hello Dennis, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

I have been reading through your the above posts and I can confirm the V35 system does, in fact, feature an RF remote control that operates on a 2.4Ghz frequency and has a range of around 33ft (10m). I would like to apologize on behalf of the previous agents for the incorrect information provided. 

The Arris box should have a model number made of numbers - this should be found somewhere on the box. Can you please confirm this? 

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Audible Advocate

Jeff G.,

There are two model numbers.  One is assigned as an Xfinity model and it is XG1v4-A,  I think the Arris number is AX014ANC.

Dennis

Hello Dennis, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch. 

My research resulted in the following information. Can you try this to see if this helps you? 

Bose Device Type: Cable Box

UEI Type Code: C

Brand: Arris

Model Number: AX014ANC

Remote Code: 1982

Kind regards,

Jeff G