Highlighted
jtriebsch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Want to connect my Bose 321 GS III to my house network so I can listen to audio through out my house

Looking how to connect the Bose 321 GS III to my home network.  Want to be able to play the radio, turntable and CDs to different speaker through out my home.  Have used the HDMI to my TV so we can watch DVDs.  Do not see any other output on the back of the unit.  Can this be done with this unit.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Want to connect my Bose 321 GS III to my house network so I can listen to audio through out m...

rHi jtriebsch,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community.

With the outputs available on your system, we would not be able to get audio out from the 321 GS system to other speakers around your house on its own. However, what would be possible with the use of a couple of SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapters, is getting a slightly different setup working that would allow audio to be broadcast into the 321 GS system and other speakers.

If we were to connect a Wireless Link Adapter as an input on the 321 GS system, we could get the 321 and SoundTouch speakers around the house playing the same source together over the Wi-Fi network. This would allow for playing Internet Radio as well as sources such as Spotify and Pandora. 

To include the Turntable we would need a second Wireless Link Adapter, connected to the Audio Out on the turntable, allowing us to select that as a source on the Wireless Link Adapter and rebroadcast it to the other speakers, including the Adapter connected to your 321 system. 

I know this isn't the most simple setup and does involve a few other devices to get it working but it should work as a way to get the audio to multiple systems in your home. If you do want a bit more information or clarification on how it would work, do not hesitate to ask and you can find more information about the Wireless Link Adapter at this link.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Keith - Community Support

jtriebsch
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Re: Want to connect my Bose 321 GS III to my house network so I can listen to audio through out m...

Hi Keith,

Thank you for the information.  I have another question about this.  Is there any RCA outputs on the Bose 321GS III that I could use to send audio through to another amplifier that is connected to my network?

Thank you again,

Jim Triebsch

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for getting back in touch with the Bose Community. 

I can confirm the 321 GS III does not feature any RCA outputs, only inputs. It is not possible to output to another amplifier with this system with currently available products/accessories. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G