mobmsc
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2021

What are these speakers called?

Can anyone help identify these old Bose home cinema speakers. There were originally 5, all the same shape and would be about 10 to 15 years old.

Thanks

PXL_20210524_071731267.jpg

PXL_20210524_071720916.jpg

PXL_20210524_071711064.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: What are these speakers called?

Author Accepted Answer selected by mobmsc

@mobmsc wrote:

Can anyone help identify these old Bose home cinema speakers. There were originally 5, all the same shape and would be about 10 to 15 years old.

Thanks

Those are single cube speakers which have been used with possibly over a dozen different Bose systems over the years. You will have to show the subwoofer and possibly a Bose receiver (if it came with one) to know what system you have.

If you're in a new home with only those speakers left. Then read these (same speakers) recent posts (different speakers) asking what they can do to get their system up and running.

I hope that this helps you answer your question in some way. Let us know what you find out 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by mobmsc

@mobmsc wrote:

Thanks

Those are single cube speakers which have been used with possibly over a dozen different Bose systems over the years. You will have to show the subwoofer and possibly a Bose receiver (if it came with one) to know what system you have.

If you're in a new home with only those speakers left. Then read these (same speakers) recent posts (different speakers) asking what they can do to get their system up and running.

I hope that this helps you answer your question in some way. Let us know what you find out 🙂

View solution in original post

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Search for Bose on eBay and you will find a lot of Bose speakers, Acoustimass modules, sound systems, etc.  That might help you see how they are used.

In general, you would use 5 Bose cube speakers along with a powered Bose Acoustimass module and a 3rd party amp or Bose console as a 5.1 surround sound system to connect to your TV.

mobmsc
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2021

Thanks @NeonsNight  for the pointer. The system has a Yamaha Rx- v679 receiver and sub but I need to extend the wiring and I'm not sure how to connect the cables to the cubes now j know that's what to call them

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@mobmsc wrote:

Thanks @NeonsNight  for the pointer. The system has a Yamaha Rx- v679 receiver and sub but I need to extend the wiring and I'm not sure how to connect the cables to the cubes now j know that's what to call them

If you want to use this with your Yamaha receiver, the cube speakers will have to connect to an Acoustimass 6 III subwoofer. From there the subwoofer will connect to your receiver. Do you still have that subwoofer or are you referring to another 3rd party sub?

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Those Bose cube speakers MUST be connected directly to a Bose Acoustimass bass module.  From the bass module there will be a +/- speaker wire for each cube running from the bass module to your receiver speaker outs.