Easton99
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

What is a sacred rule of home theater that you do not abide by?

An opinion you have that goes against the grain.
I have some;
Subwoofers oftentimes make a system sound worse if not properly integrated and it can be hard to properly integrate a sub. The average person probably does not have a properly integrated/blended sub. Some people are probably more sensitive to this than others. I'll go a step further and say that a subwoofer is not even necessary if you have some decent towers and an AVR that can handle the load.
Small drivers can absolutely produce big bass and hit low frequencies.
Having mismatched speakers isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't run a mismatched system but I've heard plenty that are great. Equalization can match mismatched speakers to an acceptable degree in most cases.
Atmos is generally unimpressive.
I think I've said enough to trigger many of you.....your turn

https://tplinklogin.one/ 

https://sarkarijobs.gen.in/ 

https://192-168-1-128.link/ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Re: What is a sacred rule of home theater that you do not abide by?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@Easton99 wrote:

I have some;
Subwoofers oftentimes make a system sound worse if not properly integrated and it can be hard to properly integrate a sub. The average person probably does not have a properly integrated/blended sub. Some people are probably more sensitive to this than others. I'll go a step further and say that a subwoofer is not even necessary if you have some decent towers and an AVR that can handle the load.
Having mismatched speakers isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't run a mismatched system but I've heard plenty that are great. Equalization can match mismatched speakers to an acceptable degree in most cases.

As @Xyz987 said; Bose subwoofers are designed specifically for Bose speakers. They are typically so integral to the system that you can't use the speakers without that specific subwoofer.

One of the reasons behind this is the crossfade between the subwoofer and the speakers and the speakers' EQ is programed into the subwoofer. So, you don't have to worry about anything you wrote about with Bose systems.

Maybe you should look into a Bose system?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

This is a Bose customer forum.  Bose systems have their own Bose subwoofer.  Your post would go better somewhere else, not here on Bose.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

@Easton99 wrote:

I have some;

As @Xyz987 said; Bose subwoofers are designed specifically for Bose speakers. They are typically so integral to the system that you can't use the speakers without that specific subwoofer.

One of the reasons behind this is the crossfade between the subwoofer and the speakers and the speakers' EQ is programed into the subwoofer. So, you don't have to worry about anything you wrote about with Bose systems.

Maybe you should look into a Bose system?

View solution in original post