Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hotrodstitcher
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2021

What speakers or system is this?

Just purchased a home with these speakers and RCA wall outlet. There are three sets in the house with volume knobs in each of the three rooms. Can not get any sound out of speakers. Do I need certain Bose components for these to work (tried standard amp)? I am guessing this was installed when the house was built 20 years ago...IMG_4437.jpgIMG_4438.jpgIMG_4439.jpgThanks

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: What speakers or system is this?

Hey Hotrodstitcher,

Thank you for taking the time to post - that's quite the find you've stumbled across!

You may find this system is half completed and you're missing components that are essential for functionality. Have you not spotted any serial numbers of naming anywhere which could give a hint of the exact system that was left behind?

Alternatively, the speaker system may just be faulty and no longer working, causing no sound to come from the speakers. At this time, I'd recommend that you search around for a sign of a serial number or product name to help you narrow down your options. Then, I'd recommend reaching out to Bose support, so our teams can help you get hold of any parts/cables that you're missing.

To find correct contact information, go to Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'. Let us know how you get on!

Note: If anyone from the Community can spot what system this may be from the photos, or know what is missing please feel free to advise!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Obviously, you have only the speakers, not an entire Bose music system.  Missing are an amplifier of some sort and I assume you don't have a Bose subwoofer of any sort.  I would assume, the previous owner took the Bose system and left you with the installed speakers.

It's possible you could find a used Bose powered subwoofer on eBay and connect the in-wall speakers to the output of that Bose subwoofer.  Then, you would need a 3rd party receiver and go from the speaker outs on the receiver to the Bose subwoofer input's.  Of course, it's possible you could waste a bunch of money and still not get it working.

Hotrodstitcher
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2021

I tried just an amp with no luck. I do have a Bose sub with speaker outputs, I will try that this weeked. Thanks!

Hotrodstitcher
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2021

Ok so I was at the house and tried a Bose sub woofer with out rca outputs and still no sound. I took a couple more pictures and hope someone can help....Thanks...SidIMG_4494.jpgIMG_4495.jpgIMG_4498.jpg 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Do a Google search.  You can find some information about them.  There are some for sale on eBay.  I'm not sure it's worth messing with.