Joe D 1227
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

When using apps from tv Bose system does not provide the sound

My Bose Lifestyle 600 system used to work perfectly but now I have to use the tv speakers every time I use an app like Netflix that is built into my smart tv. How do I remedy this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Re: When using apps from tv Bose system does not provide the sound

Hi Joe,

Sorry to hear this, I would love to help.

How do you have your Lifestyle 600 connected to your TV? Is it only with TV apps that you have this experience? 

Do check that your sound settings on your TV are set to output to your external system.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Joe D 1227
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

Re: When using apps from tv Bose system does not provide the sound

I fixed the issue by going into my CEC settings and putting them on Alternate on. It seems that when I turn this on I always have a new set of problems that arise and are then fixed when I turn it off.  It’s been an endless cycle.  But everything is running fine for now. Thanks for your response.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.