Highlighted
SamerH
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

When will the new Lifestyle be introduced (home theater)

Hello,

I currently own a Lifestyle 535, and the Lifestyle 650 has been introduced since october/november 2016 if i am not mistaken.

I want to upgrade my Bose Lifestyle, but the upgrade to a system that has been around for 2.5 years doesnt make much sense given the cost of the Lifestyle 650. I am wondering when the next generation lifestyle will be out, if anyone has an idea and its possible features.

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: When will the new Lifestyle be introduced (home theater)

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hi SamerH, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

We don't currently have any information regarding future releases at this moment in time. I would recommend that you sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know about the latest products, you can sign up here

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

20 REPLIES 20

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Liam_W

Hi SamerH, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

We don't currently have any information regarding future releases at this moment in time. I would recommend that you sign up to our mailing list to be the first to know about the latest products, you can sign up here

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

ChrisC
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

I have the same question. Will there be a new lifestyle system in autumn?

VanVittig
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

I would also like to know when to expect the next lifestyle generation. 2020 or 2021 or whatever would be fine. I have the lifestyle 535 and it’s killing me that I can’t watch 4k on my new 4k tv cause the 535 can’t handle 4k. 

more important is the question - does the next lifestyle support Dolby atmos? If it doesn’t then I would just find some other system that does immidiately and don’t wait. 

Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Nobody knows the answer and they couldn't say if they did.  Plug all your devices into your TV HDMI in's and plug your Bose into your TV HDMI ARC.  Watch all the 4K TV, Netflix, DVD's you want with 5.1 Dolby surround sound.

VanVittig
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

okay thanks that would be awesome if that works. I will try that later. But are you sure it will work since the hdmi from bose only is “hdmi out”?

VanVittig
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

I have just tried to use the hdmi as a source for the sound and that is not possible. You can only use optical, coax or analog cabels. My optical plug in my bose doesn’t work, I have tried that. My tv doesn’t have coax or analog so not much to do but to wait. 

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

As to Jims comment that "No One knows" that is fundamentally not true.  Of course people at Bose know if they are working on a new Lifestyle system.  There is a terrific graph that shows when LS systems are released in the past how long they stay out for sale.  Typically, a LS system stays out for around 3-4 years.  As the OP pointed out, we are not in year 3, so it can be assumed that a new Bose LifeStyle system should arrive with in the next 52 weeks if not sooner.  I seriously doubt Bose will release a new system before Christmas, which means that it will probably be released in spring of 2020 or fall of 2020.  I would imagine it will have Dolby Atmos (as Bose has heard about a couple thousand complaints from us about this issue alone).  I honestly dont know how they will do this, as Bose likes to keep it simple with a 5.1 system and they just changed the speakers 3 years ago.   You really need at least 2 speakers over head for True Atmos, thats not to say thats the only way to do it, but its the best way to do it.  If Bose comes out with a system, say a 7.2.1 and tells customers they need to put 2 speakers on the ceiling, a lot of normal consumers will be like what the heck, I will just buy something else.  Us on this forum, are NOT Bose's prime market.  Bose's prime market are people who want great sound and want it to be easy and dont want to mess around with settings.  The vast majority dont know what Dolby Atmos is and if they have heard about it, they dont really understand why they want it, they just were told to buy a system that has it, they also probably wouldn't notice if they were actually really listening to it or not.  

Hopefully, Bose can issue a firm ware to those that have the 600/650 and be able to purchase the 700 surround speakers.  [Moderated] Regarding Technology, anything can be done.  You can think the NSA cant use your cell phone as a listening device but you would be wrong, not that they would ever do that.  The Engineers at Bose are top notch MIT graduates, they I assure you all they can do it, weather they do it or not is a different story.  I would expect NO, as they want to sell you a new system.

VanVittig
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Wauw that’s a great reply. Very helpfull. Thank you very much for taking the time to explain and put things in perspective. 

Xyz987
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

If your Bose does not support HDMI in and your optical doesn't work, you would have to use RCA out of the TV into your Bose.