cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ReneXavier
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2019

Re: When will the new Lifestyle be introduced (home theater)

Both Lifestyle 600 & 650 are listed as "Temporarily Out of Stock"?? Good omen?

ReneXavier
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2019

SIGH the 600 is back in stock on Friday April 23rd; the 650 (which won the coveted Reddot Design Award in 2017!!) just says out of stock. 

You may be right on the chip shortage and it's back to the waiting game for a new Lifestyle System.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@VanVittig @How about Optical? That will get you the same effect.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@VanVittig Check your TV optical setting make sure it is active. Also try another cable. You might want to check the Bose input prefs and settings as well.

sarfraz.raja
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2021

Kindy share any updated information in question asked? lifestyle 650 is v old model i don't want to invest 4000$ on old system. we should get at least get some answer from Bose

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@sarfraz.raja wrote:

Kindy share any updated information in question asked? lifestyle 650 is v old model i don't want to invest 4000$ on old system. we should get at least get some answer from Bose

Bose almost never does this, this is due to the well documented Osborne effect.

So unless there is a major and compelling reason for them to do so. Like possibly being unable to produce these systems at all before the expected release date of the new systems (due to the worldwide chip shortage) and them having a good stock of those new systems (somehow unaffected by the chip shortage). I'm sure new systems will only be announced right before they release them.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@NeonsNight Good read about the Osborne effect. Good rationale as to why companies don’t offer sneak peaks that much.

Turning to the Lifestyle systems. I don’t see a reason to buy a Lifestyle 600 or 650 these days. The console is so last decade. A SoundBar 700 tripled with the wireless rear speakers and Bose Bass module you have a very good sound system offering all the features of a Lifestyle systems with less hardware. The SoundBar 700 offers great front speaker separation(thanks to the cool phase guide sound ports) and wireless rear speaker connectivity without a bulky console. With modern TV/AV connectivity vis a vis optical or HDMI (arc) the console is again rendered unnecessary in my humble opinion.

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@rickatk wrote:

@NeonsNight Good read about the Osborne effect. Good rationale as to why companies don’t offer sneak peaks that much.

Yeah, the logic on why they don't do this makes a lot of sense.

@rickatk wrote:

Turning to the Lifestyle systems. I don’t see a reason to buy a Lifestyle 600 or 650 these days. The console is so last decade. 

I have talked about what I would new systems to have in the past. I expect the next version of the Lifestyle 650 & the Soundbar 700 to support Atmos, 8K, & eARC I expect that they will both be fantastic choices when they come out. With 8K TV's out now it will be only a matter of time, I just believe that the pandemic and the worldwide chip shortage has forced Bose to wait.

@rickatk wrote:

A SoundBar 700 tripled with the wireless rear speakers and Bose Bass module you have a very good sound system offering all the features of a Lifestyle systems with less hardware. The SoundBar 700 offers great front speaker separation(thanks to the cool phase guide sound ports) and wireless rear speaker connectivity without a bulky console. With modern TV/AV connectivity vis a vis optical or HDMI (arc) the console is again rendered unnecessary in my humble opinion.

I agree that the 700 is a good system and I do believe that eARC (not ARC) potentially allows people to have the best sound possible without a receiver.

Yet it seems that even if you have an eARC TV you can still have issues with audio formats not being properly decoded and sent to your soundbar. Also people who wish to wire older music devices like a Turntable have a lot of difficulties connecting them to their modern TV's and getting sound. I for one also like having multiple HDMI inputs and quite often want even more than even the 650 offers.