cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brycepatrick
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Re: When will the new Lifestyle be introduced (home theater)

I totally agree Bose needs to support and offer Atmos, and should have already.  You have a unique situation where you have wires run already and have an attic directly above your home theater room.  Thats not common for most people, perhaps they will start designing houses in the future where you can easily update the wiring.  I also agree the upward firing questionable, the ironic thing is Bose has essentially been using a similar technology for years now, by directly deflecting sound off the walls.  My LG TV says it has Atmos speakers and I have a Samsung Galaxy book that supposedly has Atmos speakers built in, have no clue how they can accomplish that feat with 4 speaks that are 7" apart, I think a lot of this is marketing jargon (to be fair to my Galaxy book that claims it has Atmos, it does make it seem like sound is coming from behind or above you, but its very rare that that actually happens due to the source material).  Dedicated speakers will always be better, but the difference is becoming smaller and smaller.  

My family is watching The Boss baby right now, 4k version Dolby True HD on my Bose LS 650 (just 1 subwoofer), it sounds amazing and very clean, not as loud as the normal DTS or DD 5.1, then again we never go past 40 on the volume.  

ReneXavier
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2019

So I wanted to give this thread a bump; I've been waiting for a new Bose Lifestyle Surround Sound System for a while now. I've got the Lifestyle 535 system and have had sporadic issues with it; mostly when connecting a PS4 and a few Blu-Ray playback issues. I always assumed that this was due to old HDMI tech. My dilemma was always that I couldn't upgrade my den samsung tv to 4K without upgrading the Bose system as well. I know that the current 650 system is 4K compliant but I figure I might as well wait for the next update. Not too enthused about spending 4K (about the same as a new 85 inch 4K resolution Samsung tv) on tech that was released in 2017. I check this thread periodically for updates and I what I can't believe is that I can't find a crazy Bose rumors site anywhere. I'm a huge Apple nut and have about 4 different sites I'm peruse for new product info and gossip. Can't believe Bose doesn't have a go-to equivalent. Anyway I appreciate BrycePatrick's lengthy rational for new product cycles rather than kinda wait around blindly. I love putting on music video's and concerts in my den w Bose surround sound blasting so would love to get an update on when the next system is coming out. Cheers!

Surround1
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

I wouldn’t keep my hopes up for Atmos. It’s not the market Bose is targeting. In fact many people prefer a 5.1 system as the best surround experience anyway. Personally I could careless for Atmos. As for the release date of a new Lifestyle System. Covid may be causing a delay in that regard.

dsebdubbs
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Giving this thread a bump as we approach the holidays, would love to know if anyone's heard anything. 

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

@dsebdubbs wrote:

Giving this thread a bump as we approach the holidays, would love to know if anyone's heard anything. 

It's been theorised that could happen, but many theories around Bose release dates have been wrong in the past.

My guess is they were going to release a new version this year since Bose officially discontinued SoundTouch, but the pandemic postponed the release date. Yet that is only a theory and I have no evidence to back it up 🤷‍♂️

Cell23
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help

when will the replacement 650 come out?

Cell23
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2021

When will the new Bose Lifestyle 650 replacement be introduced?  It doesnt make sense to order the $4k system, that’s slated for replacement 

ReneXavier
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 23, 2019

Well we’re in mid-March and no word on a new Lifestyle system. Maybe it’s worth discussing worthy alternatives or brands. Sadly I’m more inlined to pick up a HTIAB solution vs piece-meal speakers like Klipsch. Suggestions?

Brycepatrick
Advocate
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Thats a choice one can decide on there own as whats best for them.  To be fair to Bose, they were very very few new Sound bar/audio systems produced at CES this year.  Sony hasn't updated any of there sound bars neither has LG.  So i think it might be fair to give Bose a pass this year, that doesnt excuse the years prior to not supporting Atmos.  Hopefully they will release something new this year, I am still uncertain how they will go about implementing Atmos without either adding ceiling speakers or changing there current speakers with upward firing speakers.  Bose doesnt usually update there speakers that often.  They could design 2 extra speakers that go on the wall but up high next to the ceiling and sell those seperatly and either update the consule or give it a firmware update if possible.  They aslo may be waititng for HDMI 2.1 becomes more standardized and implemented to TV's properly (as a lot of companies are having issues "SONY").  HDMI 2.1 would be a must for a new Bose system.

sunster
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

I have been going back and forth to my local Bose store to audition the LS650. Having owned and eventually sold the soundtouch 300 and the AM300 I was keen on getting the minimalist LS650. I replaced the Soundtouch 300 and the AM300 with a Sony Atmos soundbar and althought the Atmos on the soundbar is not at all convincing the sound from the Sony is pristine and much better to my ears than the Bose which sounded a bit clinical. My living room has a full fledged 5.1.2 Atmos system with Paradigm speakers and a 12 inch Boston Acoustics Subwoofer/Lampshade table 🙂 with a front dial to control bass which I absolutely love. Also when there is a core Atmos track or movie playing one can really feel the overhead effects. My ANTHEM AVR does a great job at it. The only issue is that now at 43 im leaning more toward minimalist and aesthetic and that is where the Bose excels. The Bose sounds great with Movies (Sound effects and steering) and good with music. Its not supposd to be an Audiophile system by any measure. I feel the only reason for me to go to Bose would be the minimalist looks and good sound. Also I can fit a bigger tv (thinking OLED) if I get the bose LS650 and do away with a full fledged atmos system which we hardly listen to nowadays. Mostly our TV watching now is in the bedroom. But spending that money for the BOSE is a bit hard to digest. In India the LS650 is almost a full 100000 more than in the US. So it is not a no brainer in any way. I guess the best thing to do is to wait and see what BOSE brings next to the table. The store executives are tight lipped on future releases and roadmaps. If I even had a slight hint of a new system I would start putting up my existing system for sale and save some time. As time goes by these electronics depreciate like crazy. Lets see !!!