Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Where are the videos to help set up the solo5 remote?

I am trying to set up the remote to the solo5 remote and followed the link supplied in the manual but it is not working for me.  Any help or suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Where are the videos to help set up the solo5 remote?

Hi Barbsmith40,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you're having some set up issues I would love to help.

Are you using the supplied Bose remote?

What TV model are you connecting too?

Are you getting any error messages at all?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Are you using the supplied Bose remote? I am using the Bose remote for the sound. We want to keep our Comcast for most of the tv functions because Bose Solo 5 doesn't have voice command. 

What TV model are you connecting too? Samsung

Are you getting any error messages at all? no

Highlighted

Hi barbsmith40,

Thanks for confirming that!

If you are only using the Bose remote to control the sound from the Solo 5, then you don't need to set anything up. It works with an IR signal so it works as a "point and click" remote, just point the remote at the soundbar and make sure you have a direct line of sight, then press the button you want to use. Is this not working for you currently?

The only time you would need to set anything up with the remote for the Solo 5 is if you did want to program it to control your TV or cable box as well. It sounds like you wouldn't be looking to do this as I can definitely understand the voice controls making life easier. If you did in the future want to program the remote, however, you can find the instructions for this HERE.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!