Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Why didn't support Spotify Free Subscription Service on Bose Soundbar 700 using Amazon Alexa?

You know that the article about starting Spotify Free Subscription Service on various sound system. that means registered speaker models can be playing Spotify Playlist via streaming service with some ads by Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa Activation. You can refer to this article("Spotify Free Users: You Can Now Stream Music on Amazon Alexa, Sonos, and Bose Speakers", https://newsroom.spotify.com/2019-11-20/spotify-free-users-you-can-now-stream-music-on-amazon-alexa-...)

There is many speaker models to support this announcement in the Spotify Everywhere Program. Bose Sound Touch is one of the speaker which can play Spotify Playlist of Spotify Free Subscription User. The article said that user need to confirm your speakers firmware is latest version. I am really sure Bose SoundTouch will automatically update the latest version of firmeare supporting this new feature if the SoundTouch device is connected to the Internet.

This means Bose Soundbar 700 device can be playing Spotify Playlist of Spotify Free Subscription Service when the firmware supports this feature is updated by Bose. 

I can easily find Bose Competitors Soundbar systems had been registered and support this useful features now.

Why didn't support Spotify Free Subscription Service on Bose Soundbar 700 using Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant?

Please let us know when it supports this feature.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Why didn't support Spotify Free Subscription Service on Bose Soundbar 700 using Amazon Alexa?

Author Accepted Answer selected by SmartMagician

Hello SmartMagician, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Having reached out to the product development team for clarification on this, they have confirmed that this works with Google Voice Assistant on the Soundbar 500/700, but not on Amazon at this time. Have you tried to set this up and had issues with it? Or are you just asking for this to be implemented as a feature? 

I would suggest having a read of this thread here too, as it explains how our integration with Spotify free works.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Customer Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Why didn't support Spotify Free Subscription Service on Bose Soundbar 700 using Amazon Alexa?

Author Accepted Answer selected by SmartMagician

Hello SmartMagician, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

Having reached out to the product development team for clarification on this, they have confirmed that this works with Google Voice Assistant on the Soundbar 500/700, but not on Amazon at this time. Have you tried to set this up and had issues with it? Or are you just asking for this to be implemented as a feature? 

I would suggest having a read of this thread here too, as it explains how our integration with Spotify free works.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Customer Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2019

Hey, Vicky