MartinG42
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Wi-Fi Interferance Bass Module 700

I’ve just purchased and setup a new Bose Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700. The setup worked beautifully and easily including ADAPTIQ calibration. Sound is amazing, fantastic, everything I expected having used Bose products for many years, have 4 other products in the house.

Except for one thing, the bass module crackles and pops every few minutes or so, sounds exactly like Wi-Fi interference. I’ve now tuned off every Wi-Fi device in the room, actually unplugged them all from the power to ensure they are completely powered down.

Still crackle and pop, so disappointing, it renders a great experience unusable. What can I do to fix this?

My Wi-Fi is provided by 2 Linksys Velop routers which I know broadcast on 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, I understand Bose uses 5 GHz too which on the surface seems like a poor design decision.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Re: Wi-Fi Interferance Bass Module 700

Author Accepted Answer selected by MartinG42
Before you chase your tail looking for wifi problems I would connect Subwoofer direct to bar with a cable to see if still the same.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by MartinG42
Before you chase your tail looking for wifi problems I would connect Subwoofer direct to bar with a cable to see if still the same.
MartinG42
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Thanks for the reply.

Can you actually do that? I don’t really need the bass module to be wireless the soundbar and bass module are close enough to be wired together.

Is it just a standard 3.5mm audio cable to connect them? From bass out on soundbar to bass in on the bass module?

BrianJP
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Yep. 3.5mm mono or stereo works ok .Just plug in and wifi to bass is disabled.
One of the few things that Bose thought about properly

Hi BrianJP and MartinG42, 

Thanks for your posts. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue with your Bass Module 700. However I would love to help. 

Thank you BrianJP for your suggestion. I would highly recommend testing this method. 

I would also like to suggest using the Bass Module in a different power supply. 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

MartinG42
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

BrianJP,

Thank you very much for the help, worked perfectly, now beautiful interference free sound. I’m going to leave it on cable so I don’t have to muck around with Wi-Fi.

Thanks again.

MartinG42
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2019

Hector,

Thanks for the reply, I did try some different power outlets including on different circuits around the house but no change. However BrianJP’s solution of wiring the Soundbar and Bass module worked fine. My units happen to be close enough that I’m going to leave the wired solution in place so I don’t have to muck around with Wi-Fi.

Thanks for replying I now have beautiful interference free sound.