Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

WiFi Connection Issues between Bose 700 Soundbar and Bose Music App

I was initially successful in setting up Bose 700 Soundbar and Base module using the Bose Music App which I loaded on my tablet. But now, months later, I constantly get an error message from Music App that it can't locate device (soundbar), they are both are same WiFi, I go thru recommended steps to reconnect, unplugging device, etc. and still not successful. There appears to be bug either in product design or software app. I never have any issues reconnecting using any of my other devices either through WiFi or Bluetooth. I was going to spend $500 to add the surround speakers but why bother if I can't find the soundbar using app to add the additional speakers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Re: WiFi Connection Issues between Bose 700 Soundbar and Bose Music App

Author Accepted Answer selected by BL007

Charlotte,

Thank you for the feedback, I followed your instructions “hold TV Icon and Skip back button for 5 seconds”, the amber light appeared and I was able to connect the sound bar with the Bose Music App. I did not perform this step when I originally installed the sound bar and setup with Bose Music App. I have been monitoring the connection between the sound bar and Bose Music App the last few days and so far no issues, it is really nice to be able to pick up my tablet and immediately be connected to the sound bar.

Bruce

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hello BL007,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some connection issues between your Soundbar 700 and the Bose Music app. 

I would recommend removing your Soundbar from the app by visiting the Settings > Manage Products > Edit > *Select Soundbar* > Delete. 

Then put the Soundbar into setup mode by holding TV Icon and Skip Back buttons for five seconds. The light bar on the soundbar glows amber. Then in the Bose Music app, search for the Soundbar as usual.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by BL007

Charlotte,

Thank you for the feedback, I followed your instructions “hold TV Icon and Skip back button for 5 seconds”, the amber light appeared and I was able to connect the sound bar with the Bose Music App. I did not perform this step when I originally installed the sound bar and setup with Bose Music App. I have been monitoring the connection between the sound bar and Bose Music App the last few days and so far no issues, it is really nice to be able to pick up my tablet and immediately be connected to the sound bar.

Bruce

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 3, 2020

I have similar issues with my Soundbar 700 and my home 500. Changed our router and now they will not connect. Deleted and tried to reconnect, but when I push TV icon and Rewind, nothing happens to light on sounder (it does not appear). 

Highlighted

Hi bfunzone, 

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are unable to connect your Soundbar 700 after changing your router, i'd love to help. 

We appreciate you trying to put your soundbar into set up mode, sorry this had no response. 

Can you please perform a factory reset of your speaker. This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state. Once reset, open the Bose Music app to reconfigure your product.

• Remove the product from your Bose account. 
  • On the remote control, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Skip forward buttons for five seconds. The soundbar reboots and, when complete, the light bar glows solid amber.

This will put your speaker into set up mode, please continue to connect your speaker to your new WiFi network by these instructions. 

I hope this helps. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

The Soundbar app does not stay connected to the wifi. At most stays for a day. After that have to reset, switch off/on etc which is so annoying. Have tried all the instructions and suggestions online and in the forum. But end of the day nothing works. Please please advise something more Long term rather than reset, switch on/ off options. Please improve the app to stay connected all the time. Is this too much to ask ? We use thousands of apps that stay connected without any issues right ?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 3, 2020

I believe it is the wifi card of the bose 700 soundbar. Something is wrong with it.