Highlighted
BL007
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

WiFi Connection Issues between Bose 700 Soundbar and Bose Music App

I was initially successful in setting up Bose 700 Soundbar and Base module using the Bose Music App which I loaded on my tablet. But now, months later, I constantly get an error message from Music App that it can't locate device (soundbar), they are both are same WiFi, I go thru recommended steps to reconnect, unplugging device, etc. and still not successful. There appears to be bug either in product design or software app. I never have any issues reconnecting using any of my other devices either through WiFi or Bluetooth. I was going to spend $500 to add the surround speakers but why bother if I can't find the soundbar using app to add the additional speakers.

1 REPLY 1

Re: WiFi Connection Issues between Bose 700 Soundbar and Bose Music App

Hello BL007,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some connection issues between your Soundbar 700 and the Bose Music app. 

I would recommend removing your Soundbar from the app by visiting the Settings > Manage Products > Edit > *Select Soundbar* > Delete. 

Then put the Soundbar into setup mode by holding TV Icon and Skip Back buttons for five seconds. The light bar on the soundbar glows amber. Then in the Bose Music app, search for the Soundbar as usual.

Please let me know if you have any problems with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support