Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Will a 500 speaker work alongside solo 5 soundbar

Hi,

I have a solo 5 soundbar connected to tv which is great sound now I’ve managed to get settings correct. Not easy without onscreen display!

Thinking of purchasing 500 speaker. Will it work alongside soundbar or not?

Dont want to waste money if no benefit of this. Even if they don’t link together, can they both operate separately watching a movie or music dvd. Just want to enhance my experience of live concerts and movies in the room. Look forward to all your comments 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Will a 500 speaker work alongside solo 5 soundbar

Author Accepted Answer selected by cuggyboy

Hi Cuggyboy,

Welcome to the community, glad to hear you're enjoying your Solo 5. 

If you're looking to also purchase a Soundbar 500, you do have the capability to use our SimpleSync feature. When connecting with SimpleSync, these products will play in sync with sound from your Bose smart speaker or soundbar. This is controlled by the Bose Music app and connects the two devices by Bluetooth. You can find instruction here. 

Something to consider though with this feature is that playing audio from your TV may cause an audio to video delay, this is due to the Bluetooth processing between the products. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Author Accepted Answer selected by cuggyboy

Hi Cuggyboy,

Welcome to the community, glad to hear you're enjoying your Solo 5. 

If you're looking to also purchase a Soundbar 500, you do have the capability to use our SimpleSync feature. When connecting with SimpleSync, these products will play in sync with sound from your Bose smart speaker or soundbar. This is controlled by the Bose Music app and connects the two devices by Bluetooth. You can find instruction here. 

Something to consider though with this feature is that playing audio from your TV may cause an audio to video delay, this is due to the Bluetooth processing between the products. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Hi,

thank you for your kind reply.

I think you misunderstood my query though. 
I am not buying another soundbar, just the 500 portable speaker to work alongside my solo 5 soundbar.

Do you know if this will work, or would I need to change my soundbar solo 5 too?

thank you. 🙂

I do apologize for misunderstanding the 500 product you were referring to. 

The SimpleSync feature will still apply as this references all our Smart Home products. I would also like to note the Home Speaker 500 is not a portable speaker, this does need to be connected to power in order to function. We do have the Portable Home Speaker which is fully portable and you do also have access to the SimpleSync feature. 

I wouldn't recommend these personally for heightening a cinematic experience at home as you will get that audio to video delay, but it is a great set up for music listening. The Solo 5 is designed to be a stand alone speaker therefore we do not have any compatible rear speakers or bass modules. 

Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Thank you very much for this information. You have been most helpful. Just one more thing......what can you recommend for best enhancement of watching music dvds, movies etc to get best sound? Would I need to replace my solo 5 soundbar and get something totally different?

Thanks 🙂

@cuggyboy, we are always happy to help! Providing your DVD player is connected to the TV, your Solo 5 will continue to enhance your listening experience. However, if you would like to upgrade your system for a cinematic experience, you might want to check out one of our soundbars. For example: 

The Solo 5 system is designed primarily to provide better TV sound with an emphasis on dialogue. It greatly improves your TV sound and helps with dialogue intelligibility. The Solo 5 system does not include any built-in virtual assistant functionality. The Bose Soundbar 700 does that and much more — including built-in voice control from the Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. It provides a wide soundstage (a lot wider than the bar itself) and brings your music and movies to life by immersing you in the sound. You will hear sounds coming from places where there are no physical speakers. The Bose Soundbar 700 also includes ADAPTiQ audio calibration technology, which adjusts the sound of the soundbar to best fit your room, no matter the shape or furnishings. So it always sounds its best.

Let me know your thoughts.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!