vstroud
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Won’t work properly. Freezes up, can’t adjust volume, won’t turn off with remote .

Solo 5..  can’t adjust volume, won’t shut off with the remote.  Have to unplug. 

5 REPLIES 5
Hector_B

Re: Won’t work properly. Freezes up, can’t adjust volume, won’t turn off with remote .

Hello vstroud, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. Sorry to read that you are having some issues with your Solo 5! 

I would love to assist you with this, firstly can you please let me know if all of these issues are strictly with the remote or with all functions on the Soundbar? 

If you could please also let us know what troubleshooting you have attempted so far, this would be very helpful. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
MSG2020
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Re: Won’t work properly. Freezes up, can’t adjust volume, won’t turn off with remote .

Once I turn the system on with the remote, it freezes... I cant adjust the volume or turn it off. I have to cut the power to get the system to turn off. 

Jessie_O

Thanks for confirming that @MSG2020

Have you tried changing the batteries in the remote control?

I would also recommend a full reset of the soundbar by unplugging it from power for a full 5 minutes before plugging it back in.

Let me know how it goes!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
gportero
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

Hi, I have the same problem with the soundbar700 for the last weeks. I habe the soundbar for more than a year now and never happened that. 

i have already unplugged and wait formthe soundbar to restart. I have also changes its batteries. 

The remote shows light, but locked into TV and doesnt allow me to perform any change, even to turn off the tv

Vicky_W

@gportero, thanks for posting. This seems strange, the steps you have tried so far are great! Let's try and reset the soundbar back to factory settings and start it all again! Also, let's have a go at the steps here to get your remote working!