bose SOUNDTOUCH 130 took a power surge and no longer connects with satellite

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

bose SOUNDTOUCH 130 took a power surge and no longer connects with satellite

I get a "no signal" reading from my satellite, PC and game. Is it cooked? Can I buy just receiver?

Thanks!

jc

5 REPLIES 5

Re: bose SOUNDTOUCH 130 took a power surge and no longer connects with satellite

Hello jcwiseesq, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with your SoundTouch 130 system. Do any of the sources work? 

I would recommend resetting the system by following these steps:

1. Turn the system off
  2. Unplug the control center from the power outlet
  3. Unplug the speaker array from the power outlet
  4. Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet
  5. Wait 30 seconds
  6. Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord
  7. Reconnect the speaker array power cord
  8. Reconnect the control center power cord

Let me know if this provides an improvement at all. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Re: bose SOUNDTOUCH 130 took a power surge and no longer connects with satellite

I did all the steps below. I took all the peices out of my console, inspected cables etc and cleaned them. Plugged everthing in and connected my monitor and I still get "No signal" no matter which appliance I plug in. It seems I have lost the ability to recieve input. When I choose setup, the lady came on to walk me through it so I know the speakers work. Any suggestions?

thanks!

jc

Hello jcwiseesq, 

Thank you for testing this and getting back to us. 

Could you please try hooking up your devices straight to your TV as appose to your control console and let me know if they work? This will indicate if the problem is with the control console or the device's themselves. 

I look forward to your response.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Quiet Contributor

satellite works fine through the tv.

Hello jcwiseesq, 

Thanks for trying this. 

At this point, I would recommend contacting your local Customer Service team to discuss service options for the system. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Sorry that I cannot help you further with this. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G