bose acousitmas testing and repair

Highlighted
Silent Starter

bose acousitmas testing and repair

need help checking ps321 bose base unit that powers 321 series 2 modual. What should the output voltage be?? how to check it?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: bose acousitmas testing and repair

Hello avbutch43, 

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

The PS321 II is the Bass Module for the Bose 321 II 2.1 system.

Depending on what country you are in, there will be a difference in voltages. If you are based in the US, the system is 120v. This may vary depending on your country's standard voltage. The voltage should be noted on the back panel of the PS321 II. 

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Silent Starter

Hello again. The question was what should the OUTPUT of the transformer read on my mulitmeter? I know that the input is 120v. Can only test  if the transformer is working correctly by the output voltage.....right? Thanks again. 

The transformer is Billion 261278-102 rev.4 for the acoustimass modual

Hello avbutch43, 

Apologies for the misunderstanding. Bose Corporation does not publish these specifications. The unique design of our systems with integrated signal processing, cabinet design, and equalization is not captured by traditional specifications. Therefore, a comparison to normal specs is not meaningful. 

If you absolutely require this information, my best recommendation would be to call up your local customer service center to see if they can disclose this information to you. 

I'm sorry that I cannot help further. Get back to me if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G