Highlighted
pal525
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

bose solo not switch on with samsung Q60 series

Hi, I currently connected with optical cable a samsung Q60 65" tv with my bose solo .

I set up my tv audio source and now I can change volume of solo from samsung remote.

Everything works fine but I would like not use both remotes. Samsung TV can manage bose volume but when I turn the tv on solo does not start and I need to use the bose remote too.

I read in other posts about a standby mode regarding newer solo models but I think it is not possible with my soundbar. Infact when I switch my soundbar on and press solo remote power button for 5 seconds the red and green led flash twice and after start flashing only red led. It is different from auto-wake mode on other solo models.

There is a way to switch both tv and soundbar on with only samsung remote?

Thanks in advance for your help

7 REPLIES 7

Re: bose solo not switch on with samsung Q60 series

Hello Pal525, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I would love to see if I can assist you in getting your system working the way that you would like. Can I please ask for the model of the TV remote you are using so that I can take a deeper look into its features. A link to the remote online would be great. 

I would also like to check if you have used all of the Bose codes available for your remote? It may be worth checking with Samsung to see if they have any updated codes and try those too?

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

pal525
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

Hi Vicky,

the model of samsung One Remote is BN59-01311B, unfortunely they don't have a direct link for their remotes but I can tell you that I did all passages for set up the one remote following instructions at this link:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-do-i-use-my-samsung-oneremote-as-a-universal-r...

and when I did the final power test to confirm the correct connection between the sound bar and one remote the Bose switch on and off without problems.

So, I didn't use codes but only select the brand Bose as Home theatre in set up  section.
Problem is that I cannot use instructions showed in the link because they only refer to HDMI device and bose solo with optical cable does not appear in source list.

Maybe the solution could be if my solo can stay in standby mode and auto wake when I switch the tv on.

Is it possible?

Hello Pal525, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can I request you visit this page, then put in your serial to confirm the full model name for the Solo system you are referring to? 

We will be happy to assist further once we learn which model it is you own. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

pal525
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

done.

Hello pal525, 

Thank you. Can you please confirm the model name for me? 

Regards,

Jeff G

pal525
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

hi Jeff,

my model is Bose® Solo TV sound system

Hey pal525, 

Thank you for posting and making us aware of this! 

Auto Wake or standby mode are not features that are on the Solo TV system meaning that you won't be able to achieve the scenario you are looking for. 

If any other users in the community have been able to achieve this via an alternate method please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B