Highlighted
Shadowb170
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

bose soudbar universal remote for bose 500

I recently got bose surround speakers 700 and noticed my bose soudbar universal remote now lights up a rectangular button in addition to the button with the tv picture. What is the difference between these two modes?

Also, know of any good instructions for all these buttons? All I found in the instruction manual was instructions for gettingbose music app.

Thanks.

-Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: bose soudbar universal remote for bose 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by Shadowb170

Hi Dan, 

This is not a mode as such, but it is how you select a source. Therefore, you must have assigned a connected device to this button. Generally, this is the Cable Box button. 

If you are unsure, go to the settings of your Soundbar 500 > Universal Remote > Select Configure to set up any other devices which you can assign to a chosen button.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

Could you please confirm that the button highlighted in the image below is the button you are referring to? 

cbl.PNG

You can program your universal remote control to control other devices through the Bose Music app. Do you already have the Soundbar setup in the app?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Shadowb170
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Yes to both.

I just noticed the app calls that button streaming device.

Which mode is better?

Thanks again.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Shadowb170

Hi Dan, 

This is not a mode as such, but it is how you select a source. Therefore, you must have assigned a connected device to this button. Generally, this is the Cable Box button. 

If you are unsure, go to the settings of your Soundbar 500 > Universal Remote > Select Configure to set up any other devices which you can assign to a chosen button.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G