DetroitTigers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

bose soundbar 500 - soundbar remote - controlling xfinity x1 (ax014anm)

Can someone please help or is it even possible to control the x1 (model: ax014anm) with alexa and/or the remote? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: bose soundbar 500 - soundbar remote - controlling xfinity x1 (ax014anm)

Hi DetroitTigers,

Thank you for joining us in the community. I would be happy to help get your remote set up to control your cable box.

If you have the universal remote for the Soundbar 500, you will be able to set this up to control your cable box.  To do so you would need to follow the instructions HERE.

One thing to bear in mind when using the Soundbar 500 with the universal remote, is the remote does not control your devices directly. The remote sends the signal to the soundbar which then controls your TV with an in-built IR blaster. This is located on the left-hand side of the soundbar, so we would need a direct line of sight from there to the IR receiver on your cable box. 

It may be worth moving the soundbars location slightly to see if we can get the IR blaster and receiver to line up and then test the remote from there. If we are unable to achieve this in your setup we can use external IR emitters, connected to the soundbar, to allow the IR signal to reach locations it may not be able to reach directly.

Your local support team should be able to help you with this. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
DetroitTigers
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Re: bose soundbar 500 - soundbar remote - controlling xfinity x1 (ax014anm)

I’ve given up on this. I sort of had it working but the Comcast x1 box is very bad with any ir signals. I had that box in so many positions to try to read the signal, and when it finally did “work” it was very slow to enter the channels and never sent an “enter” command. I don’t even think an IR blaster would help even if it was right in front of the x1’s IR port. 

on a separate note, it still turns on the tv using the ARC port and of course the sound volume works.