Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

bose soundbar 500

i have the bose soundbar 500 (Removed by moderator)

Can i connect it to my windows PC  ( i have laptop and desktop) and play using application in Windows 

if it cannot connect to windows pc it is like thorugh the money to the garbage

Sorry

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: bose soundbar 500

Hello EA99, 

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

The Soundbar 500 is designed more to be connected to TV systems, however it will be possible to connect your Windows PC. 

You can connect your Windows PC to your Soundbar 500 via Bluetooth. If you would like to know how to connect Bluetooth devices, please click this link for instructions. If you select this link you will also be given instructions on managing your Bluetooth devices. 

Do note, we do not recommend in using a Bluetooth connection between your products for watching video. This is due to the Bluetooth processing between the products which may result in an audio to video delay. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

My windows 10 does not recoginzed the sound bar via bluetooth

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear this! 

Does the blue LED light up when you press the Bluetooth button on your remote control? This will mean that your speaker is searching for a connection. 

If so, does the soundbar come up in your Bluetooth device list of your PC? 

Do let us know! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2019

Hi

two questions

1. can i get half of my money back? 

2. the quality of the soundbar 500 is very very bad.

so i bought it for 1800$  and i did not used it even once.

i bought a 100$ speakers for PC and it is better.

i bought bose because of the name , and got a very bad product that.

why the sound bar does not have led , to indicate it is on?  a simple led could solve lots of hours asking your self if the speakers is alive or not.

Highlighted

I am very sorry that you have been left feeling this way. 

The community is a place of troubleshooting and we cannot assist with any returns or servicing options. If this is something you want to look into you will need to reach out to your point of purchase. If you purchased directly from Bose, you can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country.