Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

bose surround speakers and bass

hi,

It seems that I have succerssfully connected my soundbar 700 with the surround speakers and Bose Bass Module 500. But I don't see any change, such as when I watching movies or playing games, I can't hear the sound from the right or the left. But I'm sure there is sound coming from the surrand speakers. But I can't hear any sound coming out of the bass, and I can't see any improvement in the effect of the bass at all. 

can you please help me? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Re: bose surround speakers and bass

goto youtube and play a 5.1 test also what is your center channel level set at?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I don’t think YouTube deals in 5.1 it simply downgrades the sound to stereo and your processor throws it out of the surrounds.

much easier to test a 5.1 by either downloading a true 5.1 mix clip to a USB drive or somewhere where your tv can play it then let the tv handle the processing and present the 5.1. 

try thedigitaltheatre.com

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2019

hello, thanks suggestions. I have tried 5.1 test, it seems work for the speakers, but not the bass module, i can feel the bass module is kind of working when i put my hand on it, it just has no effect... the bass modules speaker level is 100. and the center channel is 20

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I would have thought that if the bass unit is pumped up to 100 you would probably see it vibrating.

if you have access to a streaming service such as netflix then find a 5.1 film and put a scene with high action content on.

it sounds like the bass unit is not connected correctly or your tv is outputting only stereo sound and not directing the LFE channel to the sub.

try re-connecting the sub and checking that the tv is outputting Dolby digital in the tv sound settings.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Someone suggested RE running adaptiq with the mic closer to the sound bar and I guess that fools the system to produce more bass, I have 2 subs and its intense even at 30 -

but even when I had one I kept it between 50 and 70