chromecast and bose 700 soundbar

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

chromecast and bose 700 soundbar

Hi,

Does soundbar 700 support chromecast (audio or video)? I stream a lot of music using my Google home and was wondering if the same is possible on the soundbar 700.
I don't want to stream the music through a chromecast connected to my tv. This requires I have my tv on and I don't like that. please confirm.
4 REPLIES

Re: chromecast and bose 700 soundbar

Hi yubeie

Thanks for writing in!

The Soundbar 700 does not have an HDMI input on it so you would not be able to connect the Chromecast directly to it.   You can however connect to the soundbar wirelessly with a Bluetooth signal to send you audio stream this way.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

If I were to use Chromecast Audio (not standard chromecast) connected to Soundbar 700 with an Optical Cable, would this work for playing music on the soundbar (triggering from my Google Home or casting)?

Will it switch inputs automatically from TV (detect signal through optical) if I ask the Chomecast Audio to play (Spotify for instance)?

Then I can connect TV with the standard HDMI Arc connection. If this will work, I'll get one.

Silent Starter

@bose any feedback on this last question?

Hi falsek1ng,

Thanks for the post!

Using an optical connection from the Chromecast to the Soundbar would work and deliver audio, however the Soundbar 700 will not switch between the HDMI and Optical connections.  The Bose system will default to HDMI and will only switch over to Optical when ARC audio is not detected.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support