Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

cinemate 520 4K audio

Hi Jeff.

I'm still waiting for your answer

Please see below

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.

My sony UHD 4K Bluray player doesn't have Fibre optic output so I connected COAX output to cinemate coax input. --  (From Bluray player HDMI goes to BD/DVD input of cinemate and coax goes to cinemate separately.)

I've got a very nice and clean video image but NO SOUND..

Then I changed audio setting of cinemate  "COAX audio - BD/DVD"

Then I lost video.... and ONLY audio working fine.

Adio and video doesn't work simultaneously....

Please help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the site!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your setup. 

The Cinemate can carry video and audio via the HDMI input, so you do not need to run an additional cable if your Blu Ray player is connected directly to the console. Have you tried doing this? 

Be aware, the Cinemate is older, so only supports 4K in HDMI 1.4 and HDCP 1.4. Newer products use HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 which isn't directly compatible with the Cinemate system. The best method of connection, in that case, would be to have the Blu Ray player connected to the TV's HDMI input, then use HDMI ARC between the TV and the console to send audio back to the system. 

Please let me know how you get on!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Jeff for your reply.

Cinemate 520 passes 4k video only.   not audio.  That's why I used additional cable for audio.

( I found this solution from another forum)

Actually, I use a projector for video.  Not TV (NOT ARC).

Can you please suggest another solution?

Thank you.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: cinemate 520 4K audio

I think you are mixing terms.

The Cinemate passes through 4K Video, meaning that it doesn't change the 4K video that comes in, but keeps it going through to your projector.  There is no 4K Audio, so there is no 4K audio pass through (and since it's a projector it doesn't need it).  So unless the Sony 4K player is using HDCP2.2, then you should get both sound and video through the HDMI.

The problem with using the Coax audio function, is that it assumes you are only sending the audio to the Bose and the video direct to the TV/Projector. 

What other sources do you use?  Assuming your 4K player is using HDCP2.2, the simplest way would be to plug the HDMI directly into the projector and the Coax into the Bose.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2020

Thank you for your reply.   Morlock

Another source is PC, setup box.    There is no problem with other sources.

I connected my sony 4k Bluray player to cinemate BD/DVD input.  then I got the video works but no sound. 

Yes, sony 4k Bluray player using HDCP2.2

Is it the reason why?

I will look forward to your reply

thanks

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and helping each other out!

@dreamavsolution, if the problem is only with the Blu-Ray player, then it is possible that the Blu-Ray player is using an unsupported audio format that the Cinemate 520 can't use. If you go into the settings of your Blu-Ray player and go to the sound/audio settings you should be able to change the audio format there. The 520 supports Dolby Digital, DTS, and Uncompressed PCM 5.1, if your Blu-Ray player is using any other audio formats the Cinemate won't be able to decode these. 

Make sure the Blu-Ray player has one of Dolby Digital, DTS, and Uncompressed PCM 5.1 as its audio source and give the system a test! Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!