Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2020

cinemate130 video problem

I just bought the Cinemate 130 and I am running into an issue of no video when trying to watch my fire stick I get sound but no video it tells me that the resolution is not supported but when I use my dvd player it works fine is there a setting i can get into to fix this problem?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: cinemate130 video problem

Hi ram41162,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Does the Fire Stick you have support HDR (High Dynamic Range) in its video settings? I know some do, and while the Cinemate 130 supports 4K passthrough, it uses HDMI 1.4 so does not support HDR. There are a couple of things you can do to be able to use the Fire Stick with the Cinemate 130 if it does have HDR.

The first, if you want to get the full benefit of the HDR content, is plug the Fire Stick directly into your TV and use the Cinemate set to the TV input. This way, no video is sent to the Cinemate, only audio, and the TV will get the video signal directly from the Fire Stick. The audio from the Fire Stick will still play from the Cinemate, as the TV will be sending the audio to the Cinemate.

If you would prefer to have the Fire Stick connected to the Cinemate, you will need to change the HDR settings on the Fire Stick. To do this you would need to connect the Fires Stick to your TV temporarily, and navigate to Settings > Display & Sounds > Display > Dynamic Range Settings. You'll want to choose the ‘Adaptive’ option, then you can plug the Fire Stick back into the Cinemate.

I hope this helps, let me know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!