Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

connecting home theatre

I have an Accoustimass 10 Home Theatre system.  I'm attempting to to connect the Bose to my Vizio TV and other components.  My question is should I connect the Accousitass directly to the Sony receiver/amp and run the TV and other components through the amp or connect the components to the TV and run the TV through the amp??  Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: connecting home theatre

Author Accepted Answer selected by Channelbob

I think, to a large degree, that's a matter of preference.  It also depends on the capabilities of your devices and how you want to use them.  It might depend on how easy do you want to make it for your wife to watch TV without needing an advanced degree in electronics.

Personally, I like all my components plugged into the TV HDMI ports.  Then, I use HDMI ARC out from the TV to the Bose.  If I had a CD player, which I don't, I would want it plugged directly into the receiver.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: connecting home theatre

Author Accepted Answer selected by Channelbob

I think, to a large degree, that's a matter of preference.  It also depends on the capabilities of your devices and how you want to use them.  It might depend on how easy do you want to make it for your wife to watch TV without needing an advanced degree in electronics.

Personally, I like all my components plugged into the TV HDMI ports.  Then, I use HDMI ARC out from the TV to the Bose.  If I had a CD player, which I don't, I would want it plugged directly into the receiver.

View solution in original post