Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

connecting non Bose bass speaker to TV Soundbar

The TV Soundbar has an optical out, can I connect any optical subwoofer to that or must I use the Bose Base speaker? Or is it just that only the Bose Base Speaker will connect wirelessly? I have a subwoofer in storage I could connect, but I don't want to waste my time getting it if it won't work. THe TV Soundbar is otherwise very good, perfect for movies, but it lacks bass for music.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Advocate
Registered since

Apr 10, 2017

Re: connecting non Bose bass speaker to TV Soundbar

To my knowledge, the optical port on the tv speaker is an optical input rather than an out. There is a 3.5 mm aux out that is for a Bose Bass Module. The TV Speaker cannot connect a Bass module wirelessly like the 300, 500 and 700 SoundBars do. Finally, Bose says that only a Bose Bass Module 500 Bose Bass Module 700, or the Acoustimass 300 will work with the TV Speaker. To my knowledge no one has hacked a third party sub to work, but Imcould be proven wrong 🙂

Hope this helps!

Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

I was wondering the same thing. I have a Sony Subwoofer. I connect it to the Bass connection in the back of my Soundbar 300 and I got no sound from my Soundbar. What a bummer. I can hear both the Soundbar and my sub make a noise when I connect the audio cable but no bass sound comes on. Do I need to do anything else in the settings, or will it only work with a Boss sub?

Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2021

I to have a Sony bass with a single line RCA input,I’ve done a little bit of research on 3rd party equipment,and I can’t find anyone that has successfully managed a work around,they all seem to have some kind of issue.I think Bose is trying to keep all their equipment “in-house “