tomeet3
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

expanding a bose soundbar 700 system to the pool area

First post, and I'm hoping it isn't too much of a duplicate.  

I have a soundbar 700 with sub and two wireless speakers for my living room.  We are adding a pool to our house and of course want to extend our sound system to the outdoors.  

I was hoping that I could just pick up 2-4 of the outdoor speakers which should be able to connect to my wifi still and then manage them from the bose ap.  Is this realistic or will I need to add additional hardware to the overall system?  

If additional hardware is needed, are there manual options for volume control?

Thanks all - Tom T 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: expanding a bose soundbar 700 system to the pool area

Author Accepted Answer selected by tomeet3

Hey Tomeet3. 

Thanks for choosing Bose! 

I would love to explore this more with you and see what I can do to help! Can I please confirm which region you are in to start so I can see what is available? Also, just to clarify a few things: 

1. Are you looking to play audio on all speakers at once or can they work independently from your 700?
  2. Do these need to be able to be mounted and stay outside all the time or just for occasional use? 
  3. Do you have your eye on any at the moment?
  4. When you say manual options for volume control, is this on the speakers themselves independent from the app?

I look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Author Accepted Answer selected by tomeet3

Hey Tomeet3. 

Thanks for choosing Bose! 

I would love to explore this more with you and see what I can do to help! Can I please confirm which region you are in to start so I can see what is available? Also, just to clarify a few things: 

1. Are you looking to play audio on all speakers at once or can they work independently from your 700?
  2. Do these need to be able to be mounted and stay outside all the time or just for occasional use? 
  3. Do you have your eye on any at the moment?
  4. When you say manual options for volume control, is this on the speakers themselves independent from the app?

I look forward to your reply. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

tomeet3
Participant
Registered since

Feb 15, 2021

hi there I live in Tampa Florida.  

1.   I would like to have both options.   All together and also separately.  

2.  I would to like to mount them permanently outside.   

3. There are two different Bose outdoor speakers that I like so far.  151s?

4.  Yes my wife doesn’t have the hose AP on her phone so if she wants to use the speakers too while I’m away, a manual volume knob could be handy.  

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

Vicky_W

@tomeet3, thanks for getting back to me. With the 151's you can combine these with the SA-5 amplifier to expand your system to a second room or outdoors. Whilst this is designed to work with SoundTouch, the SA-5 also works with Bose SimpleSync which your Soundbar 700 supports. This is also true for the 251's and the Free Space 51's.

However, you would not have any manual control on the volume side of things, your wife would need to download the Bose music app. But you can both use the same account on your devices so it is all set up. 

I do hope this helps, let me know your thoughts.