Mlak
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

iPad Air connection problem after upgrade (with android works ok)

Out of the box I connected bose soundbar 700 to iPad Air with iOS version 12.4.5. latest version. Bose Music app upgraded the device and later soundbar 700 became unavailable in bose Music app. 

I deleted the app and accounts, reset the soundbar 700 to factory defaults and put it in set up mode. I connected the iPad Air to bose wireless network then run the app. The app found the soundbar, it was connected to my local network sucsessfully and after that the app could not find the soundbar anymore. 

Later I repeated the same thing with my Smart phone with Android system and it went smoothly. I was able to connect the soundbar 700 and bose bass without any problems.

I also have a question about the remote control. How the lightning on remote is working? I had difficoulty to find fastforward button to reset the soundbar because the remote was in the dark except volume, TV sound and some other keys were illuminated.

Thank you.

Best regards

Tomaž

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: iPad Air connection problem after upgrade (with android works ok)

Hi Tomaz, 

These are all great questions, I will do everything I can to answer them all for you!

Based on what you have said about the soundbar not being available in your iOS app, you may need to doublecheck that you have the same WiFi network selected on your source device as your soundbar is connected to. This also includes dual-band networks. As everything seems to be functioning correctly with your Android device, this is most likely the course. 

In regards to the remote control, this will light up the buttons that are available for the source you have selected. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Mlak
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2020

Re: iPad Air connection problem after upgrade (with android works ok)

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. We managed to find the problem. The problem is in Cisco ap300 access point and asa 5505 Cisco security appliance. We don’t know yet which ip protocol has to be enabled on Cisco ap300 but it’s clear that Android use different protocols from iOS. We will upgrade Cisco equipment and enable some protocols. We will make sure that protocols which were listed in your previous post are enabled. We let you know how it ends up. 

Thank you

Best regards

Tomaž

P.S: As a network engineer I find the software is not on the level of reputation, price and quality of Bose.