lifestyle 25

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

lifestyle 25

I have a lifestyle 25 Home theater System, and as of late, every 5-10 minutes it requires the need to press either  2, 3 or the 5 speaker button on the remote control for the speakers to work again. It does this for am/fm radio, CD player or TV for that matter, (darnest thing) it's as if the mute button is pressed. I tried disconnecting the power plug  both on the receiver and the accousticmass with no success. System is old but it always worked great until 2 weeks ago. Can anyone help me with this?

3 REPLIES

Re: lifestyle 25

Hi apereira, 

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear that. If you haven't done so already, please try to disconnect and re-connect the cable that connects the media center to the Acoustimass module and make sure each end is in good condition. Also, can you try to get the system playing audio and then remove the batteries from the remote? If the remote is sending a bad command to the system this will help us isolate the remote as the crux. Please let us know. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Quiet Contributor

Hello Brent,

Thanks for taking time into helping me with this issue. I have disconnected and re-connected the cables that connect the media center to the Acoustimass and they appeared in good condition. I also pulled the batteries from the remote control and the same isuue with the sound occurred. Yesterday the system was on for about 3 hours before it began to lose sound. After pressing one of the buttons for the surround sound speaker choice ( 2 / 3 / 5 ) it worked for another hour or so before the sound stopped once again, and it the time between button pressing is down to every 2 minutes. Quite annoying.  It seems to me that perhaps something is overheating and reverting to muting the system. Not sure if that's even possible.

Hi apereira,

Thanks for the info.  It sounds like it could possibly be an amplifier or bass module issue.  My recommendation would be to contact your local service center for possible service options.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Best,

Brandon - Bose Support