lifestyle 28 not working with altice one box

Highlighted
Silent Starter

lifestyle 28 not working with altice one box

I just upgraded to an altice one system from cable vision. How do I get my RF remote to work with the new box?

1. Which Bose LifeStyle System do you have?
    I have a lifestyle 28
  2. How is it connected to the Altice box?
    it is connected with AV cables for sound
  3. When you say it does not work, what do you mean, will it not connect, does it have no sound etc.?
    I can not change channels via my lifestyle remote. In the past when I upgraded to samsungs boxes from scientific atlanta I was given an upgrade cd
  4. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue? 
    Nothing will work as the Altice box is not an option in the set up
1 REPLY 1

Re: lifestyle 28 not working with altice one box

Hello @madhadders and welcome to the Bose Community!

Thank you for the information you've provided! I'm sorry to hear that you have been unable to pair the remote to your Atlice system and would be happy to look into this for you.

Our original Lifestyle 28 system was available from 2001-2004. You're correct in observing that there were upgrade discs sent out for these systems to update the database with the newer codes, however these discs are no longer available. 

As such, if the code is not listed from the most recent update disc you used, then regrettably our system's remote is not compatible with your Atlice unit. It should be noted that Atlice was also only founded in 2001, meaning that we did not likely receive a code for these systems until a more recent date (likely after we stopped updating this unit).

I apologise for the inconvenience this causes, and would advise that you use the remote(s) dedicated for any system that you cannot control with our Bose Remote.

With that said, if any members of the Community have managed to get their Lifestyle 28 remote to work with an Atlice box, please chime in here!

Liam W - Community Support