lifestyle650 : Video visual disappearance while watching

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

lifestyle650 : Video visual disappearance while watching

Hi, It looks like i am facing weird issue with lifestyle 650, i am noticing video visual disappearance while watching movie from my Amazon 4k steaming device, audio will continue to play but video display is just blank screen. This happens within 5 to 10 mins if this does not happen within this time then this issue will not occur. My project Benq 4k H2550 detecting signal from HDMI and it is blank black screen, i have to power off/on bose to get the visual back. I do not see this problem from other Full HD device connected same bose and projector. Device connectivity: "Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD (1st Gen), streaming media player" connected to port 1 input Mediasonic HomeWorx ATSC Digital Converter Box w/ Recording connect to port 3 input 4k HDMI FC cable 50 ft connected from bose output to projector Benq 4k H2550 4k port ( link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077D37MT3/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) frequency of this is very high, Can someone take a look at the issue? Thanks -Dada

29 REPLIES
Audible Advocate

Re: lifestyle650 : Video visual disappearance while watching

Amazon needs HDCP 2.2, is your projector using an older handshake protocol ?

Quiet Contributor

Projector also has HDCP2.2 support and it is connected to that HDMI port only.

Hello Dada,

Thank you for the post.

Have you tried adjusting CEC in the Bose console to "Alternate" or "Off" to see if helps with this handshake issue that is happening?

Best Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Not yet, how this hand shake works, why it is need at middle of video play? Are you suspecting issue from streaming device to Bose? Or Bose to projector? or Both?

If I set to Off, I may not be able to use Bose remote on amazon streaming device? Correct?

Hi Dada,

I would suggest trying that or "Alternate" first.

More information on understanding how HDCP and CEC work together can be found HERE.

This can become an issue on multiple devices since they don't always use the same protocol. You will still be able to control your devices if it is set to "Off" or "Alternate" with the Bose remote.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Regards,

Joel 

Quiet Contributor

I found the reason why this problem is happening.

The Bose receiver/power adaptor is not handle slight variation of power which causing video visual disappearance but bose receiver is still ON. 

I have surge protector installed, Bose power adaptor is connected to surge protector but still when floor lamp or heater fan turned ON at the same time video display disappears. looks to me that any small change in the current causing this problem.. I dont have any problem with any other appliance in my house other than bose, whats going-on with this expensive product?

Thanks

-Dada

Quiet Contributor

I still have the problem, I tried with new set of hdmi cable but still have same problem.. any updates?

Hi Dada,

Thanks for the posts.

So are the floor lamp and heater fan causing the issue? If you turn them off the problem goes away? If yes, this may be causing a power fluctuation and causing the console to have this issue.

Let me know the results.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

On my further investigation with 3 set of Hdmi 2.0 HDCP2.2 cables and also with APC UPS surge protector (+ battery backup).

Following issues are noticed.

- Periodically video visual disappearance noticed on all 3 hdmi cables, workaround is power off / on Bose receiver.

- In addition to above with one one cable, I see the visual and audio disappearance when I switch-on power for other appliances or lamp evenif Bose receiver is connected to APC UPS

- above issues noticed while playing videos, but there are other issues, like, switch source from HD input to 4k input, this transaction does not work 90% of time.. workaround is repeat power off/on Bose receiver until it works.

With CEC disabled, visual disappearance is minimized but not eliminated but cannot use Bose remote on source streaming device, so this option is not ideal option for me.

It looks like I am paying my time and money for Bose product testing.