Highlighted
tednazy@aol.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

my bose cinematic not turning on

I haven't used my bose cinemate hometheatre for a long time. I tried to use it for the last few days it is not turning on. I tried all online and community suggestions recommended. It still not turning on. Every time i unplug it and plug it back on, the only signal i see is, it the little green light on the compact sound bar would blink a few times then it goes dark like it is not connected to a power outlet. Once again, i haven't used it for a very long time. Prbably for over two years. But it is in a place where it is safe and climate controlled place. 

What can i do? 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: my bose cinematic not turning on

Hi tednazy, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having issues turning on your system and would love to help you resolve this! 

So that I can provide you with the correct information can you please confirm which Cinemate system you have? You should be able to find the model name on the bottom of one of the components! I would also appreciate if you could tell us which steps you have attempted so far. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards,

Hector B - Community Support  

tednazy@aol.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Hi 

This is the third time i am sending the same messge to you since i am not geting a proper response. If you cant help me say so and i will take another action. 

I am not sure if you got my first email i am simply copy past and resend it. Your attention on this matter is critical
Hi, below is the serial or model number
[ Edited by moderator] 
I took the following measures:
1    Unplugging all power and plug it back on,
2    Press and hold the power button on the remote for 10 seconds and see if the flashing on it.
3    Press and hold three numbers at the same time. (If i remember the numbers correctly 9,8,1)
4    I put new batteries on the remote. 
Nothing seems to work for me. The only light i see during all this trying is the small power light that blink a few times and go off on the sound bar and some flash lighting on the remote. That is it.
Thanks

Hi Tednazy, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far! 

So that I can ensure that you performed the reset correctly can you please attempt to perform this again via: 

• Turn the product off
  • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute
  • Reconnect the power cord
  • Retest the system

Can you please also attempt to use the remote on another device to see if the remote is the issue for the system not turning on? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

tednazy@aol.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 12, 2019

Thank you Hector for the reply.

I have taken taken all the steps you recommended me to take. Although i did that before many times, I did it again anyway. Unfortunatly it didnt solve the problem. 

About the remote, I pointed it to the TV, or the Xbox but did not work. But the main thing is, on my TV settings when i try to choose ecternal speaker option, it doesnt pick the bose even if it is connected through optical. So i am assuming the issue is with the main speaker.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that the steps have not worked. I know it seems like an obvious option, however, I would recommend checking all the wires and plugs are properly connected. It might be useful to check out this setup guide as a reminder as you said you haven't used this system in a while. 

If you are still having issues after that then I would suggest calling the customer care team as they would be more than happy to assist you further, I would also encourage the rest of the community to offer any advice they might have. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C