DTruscott
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2021

my cable box remote is interfering with my 2020 bose tv speaker

My cable box remote is interfering with my 2020 Bose TV Speaker. Whenever I use my cable box remote to change channels or fast forward through recorded programs, the volume on my Bose TV Speaker increases or decreases, depending on what my last input was on my Bose remote.

12 REPLIES 12
Jessie_O

Re: my cable box remote is interfering with my 2020 bose tv speaker

Hey DTruscott, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue with the Bose system when using the cable box remote. This is very strange, do you mind letting us know which cable box you have for reference? 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to prevent this from happening? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DTruscott
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2021

I rebooted the soundbar. Couldn't find any other tips.

Jessie_O

Thanks for letting us know! 

Which cable box do you have?

Can you tell me how you have things configured in your listening space? Is the TV speaker is in front of your TV? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
DTruscott
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2021

My cable box is a Motorola DCX3510-M

I don't know the make of the remote. It came with our cable carrier (Shaw Canada). It says "Designed with UEI technology"

The speaker is in front of the TV.

Jessie_O

Thank you for this information! 

Can you tell me where the cable box is in relation to this? It may be where the product is placed that is causing the interference.

Let me know! 

DTruscott
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2021

The cable box is above the TV.

Charlotte_G

@DTruscott Thanks for letting us know. Could you try relocating the soundbar temporarily to see if it will still receive the commands in a different location?

DTruscott
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2021

I can do that, but I don't see it as a solution to my problem. I can tell you that if I am careful to aim my remote high (where the cable box is, the soundbar being about 750 cm lower in front of the TV), it does not activate the soundbar. I was really hoping there is some way to reprogram the soundbar or my remote.

Charlotte_G

@DTruscott I totally understand, this is for testing purposes only to help narrow down the source of the issue. If you wanted to reprogram your remote, you'll need to reach out to customer support for the manufacture of your cable box to find out how to do this.