Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

new subwoofer for an old acoustimas 10 system

I have an acoustimas 10 for 10 years and I want to add to it a new subwoofer, instead of the current one, and I need it to be smaller. Is there any way to buy a new (and small) sub and attach it to the current system?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: new subwoofer for an old acoustimas 10 system

No.

The speakers are designed to run through the acoustimass model and are designed with that particular model in mind.  The sound quality would be affected as well as they work together and share frequencies more than other systems.  In particular the non-localised bass (where it sounds like it's coming from all around you) is a large feature of that.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Thank you for your answer

Can I leave the current sub and speakers, and buy a new additional wireless bose sub, and connect it to the TV (bluetooth) so I'll have two subs (it will solve me the location problem)?

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

No.

The wireless Bass units use a specific connection, so will only connect to specific Bose devices (like the soundbar).  The only way to add more bass would be through the amplifier you use.  Does it have an unused Bass output.  You would also want to check if you have a way to balance that bass (probably though the amp settings) otherwise it may not sound right/overpower the Bose sound.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 10, 2020

Good idea

In that case, if I disable the current bass inputs at my amplifier and instead wire the new subwoofer + balance of the sound, it might work...