Highlighted
Dayu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: no sound through AV18 :(

Thanks for the response Jeff. The LG tv had PCM and LG audio sync options. Tried both options and it did not work. Do I have to power cycle the tv/bose after changing the settings?

saccharine
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Interestingly enough I only solved the problem I had about 5 days ago, however I am not entirely sure what made it work as I made no changes other than plugging and unplugging the same things in the same places.

I left the unit and TV alone for a few months and then unplugged everything from power. The tv, the AV 18 and the optical audio cable were disconnected, I also disconnected the AV 18's connection from the unit that the speakers plug into and reconnected it after some time.

All I can tell you is that it is working now, the AV 18 shows AUX PCM and outputs the tv's audio properly now. I assume power cycling helped. 

I made a lot of threats to throw the AV18 into the garbage but now we are cool. This is not very helpful I realize but I hope you find your solution!

Highlighted
Dayu
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Sacchrine, The optical cable is assigned to TV in the medicenter, correct? why is it showing AUX PCM?

Anyway, i'll try disconnecting everything and reconnecting.