solo tv sound system will not power up after off over night

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

solo tv sound system will not power up after off over night

Interesting problem.. I have a solo TV sound system that works great; sound control and power of and on with my samsung tv. The unit is plugged into the wall directly for power and when I power off using the remote it works great, the tv and the sound system powers off. In the morning the bose system will not power back on using the remote. The tv comes on fine but I have to pull power on the sound system to have it power back up. I can turn off and on many times during the day and it works fine but for some reason overnight request a power reset to work. 

Thoughts?

5 REPLIES

Re: solo tv sound system will not power up after off over night

Hello billg58,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear this is happening with your Solo system. Has this always been happening since you've owned the product? If not, was there any recent power outages or thunderstorms?

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hey Joel, 

Worked fine up until a month or so back. Not sure if any storms were involved as this is my mothers system. I am just trying to assist. I have a technical background and find this problem quite interesting. Using the remote to power off the unit leaves the system in a standby mode. At some time in this mode is looses the ability to recieved or act on a signal from the remote to activate. With only a hard reset ( unplug ) to get it back to listen mode to activate with the remote.  I suppose there could have been a power spike from a storm while in standby mode that somehow impacted the remote activation circut in a way that causes it to stop monitoring after being in standby mode fro some time.

Works great otherwise and would hate to have to buy another unit. She loves her Bose sound system.. 

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

I completely understand having to lose the sound quality from the Solo and having to go back to using the TV speakers. 

Let's try performing a system update with a USB thumb drive and see if it helps.

Instructions can be found HERE.

Warm Regards,

Joel

Quiet Contributor

Would love to try but I am 3000 miles away and I doubt my 80 year old mother could follow the instructions. Is there a way I could get the USB already loaded from Bose or possibly download the right version myself and send her the usb drive? I have the unit serial number.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can completely understand the distance issue between you two; it's not always easy.

We don't carry preloaded USB for updates for the Solo systems. However, if you were to purchase one and send it to her for the first couple of steps in that process and she ships it back, you could then finish loading the update on that drive and send it back to complete the update.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Warm Regards,

Joel