Highlighted
RJL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

sound cuts out on soundbar 300

On my Soundbar 300 system the sound cuts out frequently.  Many times per hour.  Words "dolby surround" appear on the TV screen when it happens, and lasts several seconds.  TV is an LG OLED, provider is DirecTV, but it doesn't happen on other TVs in the house with other brand soundbars.  Also have those sound gaps on recorded programs.  Anyone have a fix?  Its very annoying.  

7 REPLIES 7
rdhjr28@msn.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Re: sound cuts out on soundbar 300

I have been having the same problem with my Soundbar 300 system, but with music, not the TV.  In addition to the soundbar I have a subwoofer, a Soundtouch 20, Soundtouch 30, and two Soundtouch 10 speakers attached.  The intermittent interruptions seem to occur at different speakers at random every few seconds.  It is most annoying.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Did this just start with one of the two recent firmware updates?  Try unplugging all cables to your Bose including HDMI and power.  Wait a couple minutes and plug everything back and see if that helps.  Also, try rebooting your router.

RJL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

I have done the firmware updates and have tried rebooting as well as unplugging. So far, no luck.  Still having the issue.  

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Are you talking about a Bose Soundtouch 300?  There is no Bose Soundbar 300.  I have a Bose Soundtouch 300 and it does not exhibit this problem.  I think your problem lies elsewhere.

RJL
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Thanks, Gabby.  I just looked on the Bose site and it’s now referred to as the “Soundtouch 300 Soundbar”, one we purchased about a year ago, and we have the subwoofer with it. I have two other soundbars, (Yamaha) and don’t have the problem, and they are on the same home network.  I’ve tried unplugging and resetting, rebooting the router, and have the latest firmware.  Not sure why it’s still happening?? 

Hello RJL,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the sound issues with your SoundTouch 300 Soundbar.

It's great that you've taken the steps such as the reset and update. Are you connected via HDMI or Optical?

If HDMI, please try resetting the handshake between the soundbar and your TV. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Unplug both the TV and Soundbar from power and wait 30 seconds.

2. Plug in the Soundbar. Wait for it to reboot and select the TV source.

3. Plug in the TV.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

It's always been a Bose Soundtouch 300.  There are also Bose Soundbar 500 and Bose Soundbar 700.  That's important because they are totally different systems using totally different operating systems and totally different apps.  The Bose Soundbar 500 and 700 seem to be plagued with problems while the Bose Soundtouch 300 is essentially problem free.  I hope you can get it resolved quickly because it's a great product.