Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2020

soundbar 700 thru Pioneer AV receiver VSX-1123-K

Can I connect everything to the Pioneer AV receiver VSX-1123-K so that I can control from there and use the subwoofer along with the soundbar? I tried connecting the soundbar to the receiver via the HDMI arc but currently there’s no sound.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: soundbar 700 thru Pioneer AV receiver VSX-1123-K

Hey @jagfar,

The Soundbar 700 is primarily designed for use with TV systems using HDMI ARC, but I'd be happy to see if we can get that working with your Pioneer receiver!

Do you know if your Pioneer manual states whether audio can be transmitted through the HDMI port on the receiver?

If you'd like to hook the subwoofer to the soundbar, you'll have to use the Bose Music app. Have you managed to connect the soundbar to the Bose Music app yet with WiFi? If not, I'd be happy to provide guidance for getting that working.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2020

OK...  so we tried again today.  On some separate advice, we tried to pair the soundbar to our TV [Sony XBR-85X950G]  This worked, however the sound bar and our sound system, via the Receiver were not in sync.  Tried to change many settings on the TV to no avail.  Went back to the Bose online help and decided to put the HDMI ARC between the TV and the sound bar.   This seems to be working.  We now have to adjust volumes for two sound systems, but every thing seems synced and running. 

Gotta say I am very disappointed in the way Bose to set up the instructions and help for their products.  Very unfriendly to the customer.

Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

You need to use the Bose Soundbar as designed.  The soundbar should be connected to your TV HDMI ARC.  Connect your receiver to an HDMI input on your TV.  If you want to play the receiver using your Bose Soundbar, the sound goes from the receiver, through the TV, to the soundbar.