Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2020

soundbar start up

I have set up my bose soundbar to my Samsung TV, no problem.

However, when I switch tv on, in the morning, for example, the soundbar automatically comes on and over rides the TV speakers. I switch it off but it comes on again and again, up to 5 times sometimes.

How do i stop it from automatic switch on as I do not always want the soundbar on. 

Its becoming annoying!! Thank you in advance 🤔🥺

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: soundbar start up

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blondie63

To be honest soundbars are designed to do this now and it is a function of HDMI.  It's not just about theatre sound, but gives you better sound for normal TV as well (ie hearing and understanding vocals better during the morning news)

However if you don't want this to happen, there is a setting called HDMI-CEC that you can turn to "alternate".  This should still allow the remote to control all the TV functions, but not power on with devices.  If this still doesn't work, the TV probably has a similar setting (may be called something else depending on the brand - for example Sony calls it BraviaSync), or you can turn the Bose setting to "off"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by Blondie63

To be honest soundbars are designed to do this now and it is a function of HDMI.  It's not just about theatre sound, but gives you better sound for normal TV as well (ie hearing and understanding vocals better during the morning news)

However if you don't want this to happen, there is a setting called HDMI-CEC that you can turn to "alternate".  This should still allow the remote to control all the TV functions, but not power on with devices.  If this still doesn't work, the TV probably has a similar setting (may be called something else depending on the brand - for example Sony calls it BraviaSync), or you can turn the Bose setting to "off"

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 24, 2020

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have switched out the hdmi cable for the one that came in the box. I then held the on/off button until it beeped and this seems to have worked.

I am looking for a more detailed manual that may have some other solutions regarding tv speakers etc. I cannot find one at the moment despite looking on bose website.

😃

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Bose Soundbar 700

The few week when I turn my bose 700 soundbar  on via the plug the sound comes on full volume and the light on the left hand side flashes Orange or red can't figure out what's happening please can you help because its becoming annoying. 

Highlighted

Hey @blondie

Thank you for reaching out! I'm glad to hear that your issue seems to have been resolved! 

If you let me know which soundbar you have, I'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!