soundtouch 120

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

soundtouch 120

I've had my Soundtouch for a couple of years now.

Recently I cut out my Directv where my soundtouch has been connected too.

Ever since I did this my Soundtouch turns off by it's self. Seems like every 2 hours.

I disabled the Auto off option.

Don't know what else to do.

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES

Re: soundtouch 120

Hi Rjuarez06,

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

It sounds like it may be CEC related which is why it's powering itself down.  Can we try and access the system menu of the system and you should see a CEC setting.  Let's try this in the Alternate On mode to see if it helps with this.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Thanks Tony,
So I tried it but it still turned off after 2 hours. I noticed that this started to happened after I cut my DirecTV (which it was where I had connected the Bose too). But now I have it connected to my Apple TV and it just shuts down.

Hi Rjuarez06

Thanks for the update and that definitely helps.  The Apple TV has some control settings which could affect the system in this way.  In this case, you would want to disable CEC control.  HERE is a link to Apple's support site on how to do this.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

Hey Tony, so I disabled the CEC from my Apple TV settings. 2 hours later my bose SoundTouch 120 system turned off by itself.

Hello Rjuarez06,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The last thing we can suggest to see if stops the issue with your console turning off is to shut off CEC entirely on the console and test.

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel 

Quiet Contributor

Hey Joel,
The CEC is completely off on the bose SoundTouch and the Apple TV. And it still turns off.
I still don’t understand why it’s doing this. Why you bose program their device shut off every 2 hours in any circumstances.
Quiet Contributor

Never got a resolution to this problem.

Hi Rjuarez06,

Thanks for the reply.  There is no intentional programming of the system to shut down every two hours and this is not intended behavior.  I would recommend contacting your local support team by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A