Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

sub will not work

i have a samung tv,and was using a hdmi cable to sound bar 500,the hdmi cable stoped working and switched to optical cable to run sound bar and now no sound from sub when watching tv,works fine with anything else,any suggestions appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: sub will not work

Hi Greg.flavell, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you with this.

Can you please confirm what the LED status is on the Bass Module as well as which Bass Module you have? The LED status indicator can be found on the back rear of the system.

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

it is a base module 500.The led light on back is white in colour

Hello greg.flavell,

Thank you for confirming that. 

At this point, I would recommend performing a reset on your system. This is to correct some occasional minor processing errors which may have occurred in this circumstance. This can be done by following these steps:

Soundbar 500 reset

1. Turn the soundbar off
  2. Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet
  3. Wait 30 seconds
  4. Reconnect the power cord
  5. Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

Bass Module 500 reset

1. Press and release the button on the back of the bass module.

Pressing and holding the button on the back of the bass module until the status light blinks white will clear all connection information and will return the bass module to the original factory settings. Once this reset is complete, the light blinks amber and the bass module will need to be reconnected to the soundbar.

Once you have done this, let me know if there has been any improvement. If not, we will be happy to assist you further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!