Highlighted
Alley cat
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

tv and music

Hi all, love my LS 600, but...has any one figured out how to watch tv while playing music with bluetooth from phone?  I don't want the audio from the tv show, just the video. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: tv and music

Is the TV the source, or are you playing from cable/Set top box/appletv etc.

If the TV itself is the source, you just set it to whatever channel you want, and use the Bose remote to switch to BT.

If the source is going through the Lifestyle, then no you can't.  It will only play one source at a time.

The only way around it would be to plug the source directly into the TV and have the sound return to the LIfestyle via the HDMI (ARC) or the optical so that you can BT when you want and play TV sound whenever you want.

Alley cat
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Thanks Morlock, you gave me something to work on.

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Do you mean watch TV, and have no TV audio.  Or use another audio such as Apple music?

Alley cat
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 9, 2019

Hi Brycepatrick, yes, I want to watch sat tv but listen to blue tooth. I have to start tracing cables, but I think everything goes through LS.

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

Your in luck your Amazing Bose System will allow for just what you want for a listening panacea.  God bless America and the great Bose company for bring us altogether in this fantastic and free way.  This forum, provided by, updated, and free of cost all by Bose Inc.  Which by the way, donates ALL profits to MIT University for more research, not only to audio or home theater applications, but to many life saving and life improving opportunities.

Xyz987
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Delete.

Brycepatrick
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

You tell them JIM (FYI you guys are angering JIM, he's an angry ELF today).  Please NO political talk as Jim has stated, this a Bose Forum where people have congregated to discuss Bose products and issues that (very frequently arise).  

To the OP, a great app to try to listen to music is tidal, also try apple music as they offer an incredibly large libray and if you are in the APPLE ecosystem then its a smart choice.  

Hi All, 

Thank you all for posting and your contributions to this thread. We would like to step in here and remind everyone to keep all posts relevant to the topic of the thread. 

We would like to make sure that all users are aware of the Community Guidelines and ensure that all of your posts that you do on this forum follow these guidelines, if you have any questions on any of them please send us a private message. 

Warm Regards, 

Community Admin