Pecosa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

uMusic update CD for Lifestyle 48

The last CD update I received from Bose was back in March 2008 uMusic MD 01.01.16

Does anyone know what is the latest software update sent out to Bose Lifestyle 48 owners? My console is not reading some CDs/DVDs and I have a feeling that I'm missing the latest updates. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: ISO LifeStyle 48 software update 05.01.08 (I believe it is that same update for other systems...

Author Accepted Answer selected by Pecosa

Hello Pecosa, 

I am sorry to hear this. 

I would then recommend exploring any 3rd party sellers of this update CD as we no longer stock this!

Please accept my sincerest apologies, I understand that you may be disappointed and I wish there was more that we could do to help, but regrettably, there is not. 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Pecosa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

ISO LifeStyle 48 software update 05.01.08 (I believe it is that same update for other systems also)

I'm looking for the update to my Lifestyle 48. I believe the latest update was 05.01.08

I would appreciate if anyone can tell me where I can get this update. Bose said that they don't have the CD available anymore 😞

Highlighted

Re: uMusic update CD for Lifestyle 48

Hello Pecosa,

Thank you very much for your message, I would love to assist you with this. 

So that I can provide you with the most accurate information can you confirm what version of the Bose Lifestyle 48 you own. If you are unsure please observe this link to help you identify your system. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Pecosa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Hello Tegan, it is an AV48 DVD home system

Highlighted

Hi Pecosa,

Thanks for confirming this, just wanted to ensure we had the correct Lifestyle 48 Model. 

I am led to believe that there is an update available for your system, I would recommend in contacting your regions Bose product support team to see whether they are able to send out for you an update disc. Due to regions and the age of your product there is a possibility that this disc is no longer available but your support team will be able to provide you with the most accurate information in regards to this. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information.

I would also recommend ensuring that your CDs and DVDs in which you are using are also supported on the Lifestyle System. If you are unsure whether these discs are compatible please let us know their formats and I can happily assist you with this. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Tegan M - Community Support 

Highlighted
Pecosa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Tegan,

I did contact them about a month ago and they said that I should try and see if I can buy the CD from eBay. I was shocked with this response. We spent so much money back then with the assurance that we would always have the support and updates needed to run our Bose system. For some reason they did not send me the last few updates.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: ISO LifeStyle 48 software update 05.01.08 (I believe it is that same update for other systems...

Hello Pecosa,

The Lifestyle 48 system does need to be updated via the update disk. As time goes on, technology and our current range of available speakers evolve as noted by Tegan above. Also as noted above, I would suggest that you check out third party vendors to see if you are able to purchase the CD then you will be able to carry out the update.

I have added the process once you have the CD for reference. I would also encourage other users to post their suggestions for you too. 

To update your product:

1. On the remote control, press the CD/DVD button
  2. Insert the update disc
    Tip: If the update does not start automatically, press the Play button on the remote
  3. Wait for the update to complete (typically within 10 minutes).
    Tip: The system console display shows the update status. If the display if blank for more than 10 seconds, press the On/Off button on the console.

To install a Bose Music Information update, follow these steps:

1. Place the update disc in the CD/DVD tray. Close the tray
  2. Press the CD/DVD button on the remote
  3. The update starts automatically within a few seconds. "Reading" should appear on the media center display. If "Reading" does not appear on the display, press the Play button on the remote
    1. During the update, various messages appear on the display. "Please Wait – Checking" may remain for several minutes or longer
    2. If the display goes blank for more than 10 seconds at any time, press the On/Off button on the media center control panel to restart
  4. The update is complete when this message is displayed: "Software Update 100% Please Remove Disc"
  5. Eject the disc and store it with other system documents

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Pecosa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Zoe, thanks for your reply.

What are exactly the update numbers/types that I'm missing? 

Highlighted

Hello Pecosa, 

The last update disc information is as follows:

Software Update Disc - uMusic+ MD 01.02.01, Console SW 05.01.08

Function - Version

Console - 050108

Bass Box - 010800

1802 Drive Firmware - 1B22

1712 Drive Firmware - 1B10

VS-2 Firmware - 050018

Music Information Version - 010201

Tuner - 010300

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Pecosa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

@Charlotte_G do I need all of the listed updates for my system to work properly? Here is the list of all the CDs Bose has ever sent me:

uMusic:

MD 01.01.06 from Feb 2006

MD 01.01.07 from April 2006

MD 01.01.09 from October 2006

MD 01.01.10 from March 2007

MD 01.01.16 from March 2008

It looks like I'm missing ALL of the updates you listed 😞

And I also have a CD that came with my Roomate/Personal Music Center II remote which says "Lifestyle DVD and 3.2.1 DVD home entertainment systems software update" but has no number on it and I have not put it in the console because I'm afraid of causing any damage. We are still using the original remote that came with the console and are kind of waiting for it to go out before using the Personal Music Center II remote. Please advice if I should go ahead and update my console with this CD right away.

Thanks for your help!