Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

universal remote for solo 5, stopped working on both JVC tv and Human Sat box.

My universal remote has stopped working after being great for over a year. i have changed the batteries but to no avail. I have tried to re enter the codes for my JVC TV and Humax Sat box, but the system flashes all six lights after i have entered the first 4 digits of any of the possible 5 digit codes. At present i cannot control either any advice greatly appreciated. thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Re: universal remote for solo 5, stopped working on both JVC tv and Human Sat box.

Hi,

I do apologise about the issue you're having there. 

Just so I could get some more information about this issue. Has your room setup changed at all? What code are you putting in for the JVC TV and the Human Sat Box? 

If you haven't already, we could try the following the clear the programmed controls - 

1. On the remote control, press and hold a Source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release the button: The button that was held remains glowing
  2. On the number keypad, enter 981: The source buttons flash to confirm

If you could give that a try and see if it works, if it doesn't let me know.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: universal remote for solo 5, stopped working on both JVC tv and Human Sat box.

Hi i have finally got round to trying this and although the 981 code works neither the JVC tv or the Human freesat box function when the code from the manual supplied with the solo 5. these both worked when they were originally setup. do you have any other suggestions or should i return the controller to Currys for replacement. thanks

Adam 

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to us on this, I'm sorry to hear you are still having trouble!

When you were reprogramming the remote did you follow these steps?

1. In the remote control code booklet included with your system, find the code for the brand you want to control.
  2. On your remote, press and hold the source button of the device you want to control (i.e. TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow.
  3. Release the button so only the button you held glows.
  4. Enter the code for the device brand, then press the Vol + button.
  5. Check if the remote controls the device:
    • For TVs, try the Channel buttons, then press Menu and try browsing with the Arrow buttons.
    • For cable/satellite boxes, press the GUIDE button and try browsing with the Arrow buttons.
  6. If the code works, press EXIT to save your settings.
  7. If the code does not work, press VOL + to select the next code for the brand, then repeat step 5.

If you are following these steps and it still is not controlling your devices, it would definitely be worth checking whether the remote is sending an IR signal when you try and control them. You can do this using the front-facing camera on a phone or tablet as they can often detect IR light.

What you will want to do is open the front-facing camera on the phone or tablet, point the remote at the camera, so you can see the bulb at the end, and press buttons on the remote. If they are working you will see a light flash at the end of the remote.

If this light does show, then the remote is sending a signal and something is stopping this from being received by the TV and Humax box. Check nothing is blocking the IR sensors on these when you point the remote at them.

If this light does not show, you will need to look at replacing the remote. It is usually best to do this by teaching out to your local support team, however, if you have an extended warranty with Currys it will be a good idea to reach out to them first.

You can find the contact information for your local support team at this link, select your country from the list and scroll to the bottom to select 'Contact Us'.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

What was the final outcome please ? I am having same problem with my new JVC TV. It worked just fine on my old Toshiba TV.