Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

Audioquest Dragonfly Blk/Red & Bose SoundTrue Ultra?

Will the Dragonfly amp outpower or blowout these earbuds?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Audioquest Dragonfly Blk/Red & Bose SoundTrue Ultra?

Hello Devildog4,

Thank you for messaging the community, I would love to assist you with this. 

The SoundTrue Ultra in-ear headphones have an impedance of 32 ohms nominal DC, as long as your connected devices work on these voltages then this should not cause damage to your headphones. I would recommend taking a look into your Dragonfly Amp outputs and your connected devices to ensure that this falls under these specifications. 

If you have any further questions please let us know! 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 23, 2018

Thx for the prompt reply. These earbuds work fine, I'd just like a little more "umph"...

The Dragonfly red puts out 1.5v and the black puts out 2.1v..no other specs

Additionally, I've read on these forums that these DAC/amps will NOT work in the DAC mode

on phones, just PC's, laptops, etc. True? 

Highlighted

Hello Devildog4, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We cannot guarantee compatibility with all third party devices and this is not a program supported by Bose so I cannot comment on if it would work or not.

Of course, if anyone from the community has any experience we would love to hear from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.