tjac4
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

Re: BOSE QuietControl 30 - Rubberized section opening up

I am having the same problem. But the entire cover is coming off on both ends of the part that wraps around your neck. I have to peel the rubber back in order to turn it on. I was getting ready to submit a report when I saw this. Glad (not really) that I am not the only one having this problem. I bought my first set of Bose speakers in 1987 and have owned nothing else. The AM5 cubes I bought in 1987 are now in my truck and still sound good. This is the first issue I have ever had.

Terekki
Participant
Registered since

Oct 2, 2020

Myself and a colleague had the same problem on these QuietControl 30 headphones - after two long-haul flights the rubber began to fall apart exposing the electronics - it's a disgrace that there hasn't been a product recall - obvious engineering materials problem with these. Will never EVER buy another Bose product.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and contributing to the discussion!

If you are experiencing this problem with your headphones, please reach out to your local support team to discuss the service options for them. They will be able to help with this! You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AMV
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2021

No local support team in Russia )
This earphones sited at my shelf most time of the year, using them at airplanes.
But rubberized cover moved away. Not possible to enable them now.
Looking like it bad design and no chance for repair or replace. Tried super glue, but it not working.
Don't recommend this model !

Checked people around - same problems with this headphones.
They working good only 1 year (warranty time) and rubber cover moving away later even if you are not using them !
My temporal solution:
20210405_133213.jpg

JimH
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2017

On the phone with product support currently with the same issue.   Was just told they would "discount" a new set for $165 US.   In this case, I will just buy some apple Airpods