Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

BOSE SSF LEFT EARBUD PROBLEMS

Hi, I've noticed a lot of people are having or have issues with the BOSE SOUND SPORT FREE WIRELESS LEFT EARBUD and looks like there's no solution being provide. I've read a lot of reviews, watched tutorials, called offices close to me to find a solution but none worked. Turns out I'm gonna be stuck with just one earbud (the right one) for a long while unless you help with a lasting solution. 

Or Unless someone from production isn't doing something right cos we all can't be having the same problem with the same device.

thanks and look forward to a solution

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Re: BOSE SSF LEFT EARBUD PROBLEMS

I have an issue with the left earbud as well!  if I can get it to charge, it works decent.  but it wont charge.  my wife has a pair of SSF earbuds as well and I cannot tell any difference in what the contacts look like.  I can charge her left and right in my charging case and in hers.  BUT my left one will not charge in either case. 

Highlighted

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the community. I'm sorry to hear you are both having trouble with the left earbud on your SoundSport Frees and I would be happy to help with this.

@el Gee, so I can assist as best I can, what is the problem you are having with the left ear? 

Also what troubleshooting have you tried with them so far? I want to avoid repeating any steps with you.

@j2d22s, I'm sorry to hear the left ear isn't charging. It sounds like you've done some great investigating already, narrowing it down to the earbud itself rather than the charging case is a great 1st step.

What I would recommend doing to get it charging again is a reset of the headphones. To do this you would need to:

• Place your earbuds in the charging case.
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute.
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

It would also be a good idea to check your earbuds are fully up to date by using the Device Updater on a computer and following the on-screen instructions.

If you are still unable to charge after doing this, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Hi Keith,
Thanks for replying. The left earbud just stopped working. It doesn't connect but there's this beeping sound with the Bluetooth light blinking.

Talk about troubleshooting, I hard pressed the Bluetooth button on the left ear bud for 30s and still nothing.
I'm yet to try the option you recommended. The earbuds are up to date.

I contacted my local support team and they recommended I send it back to where I bought it. And that's gonna be another stressful thing for me to do now.

thanks

Highlighted

Hi el Gee,

So in your case, the left earbud is powering on but for some reason is unable to connect. That is interesting, when this happens, does the right ear connect to your device correctly?

I would definitely recommend performing the reset for this to start with. As this will essentially reboot the headphones for you.

The other thing to do, that you seem to have been trying already, is clearing the Bluetooth list on your headphones and reconnecting them afterward. As the button press is not working to clear the pairing list, you can also do this from the Bose Connect app. When your headphones are connected to the app, tap the Bluetooth icon, then in the connection screen press Edit and remove the devices from this list. Once you have done this, also forget the headphones from your device's Bluetooth list before reconnecting.

Let me know how you get on with this. If it still will connect after these steps, then it may be that looking at a return/replacement as the support team suggested would be the way to proceed.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Hey Keith, Will update you as soon as I try these options you have given me. thanks

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Hi Keith, 

Tried everything stated and none worked Soo far, Best it’s returned. But the process will never stressful as Twas a gift from someone outside the country meaning it’ll have to be shipped  again. There’ll be a lot involved. Realized a lot are complaining especially about the left earbud. Gong forward, is there anyway you could stop such problems from happening again.? Thank you 

Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

Hello

Just to be sure. The upgrade to firmware 2.8.0 kills the earbuds battery.

It should not be an option.

I can't understand why you provide such advises.

Are there no other options?