Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaz66corv
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2021

Balance changes as i adjust the volume

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose QC Earbuds

Country

USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
iPhone 8

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

They have been working great up until the last time i used them. As i raise the volume from low to loud the balance goes gradually from the left ear at low volumes to the right ear as i raise the volume. Extremely frustrating. I have already checked all of the volume settings in the iPhone and everything is good.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

last day or so. Worked great before. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Made certain everything was updated

11 REPLIES 11
Jeff_G

Re: Balance changes as i adjust the volume

Hello gaz66corv, 

Thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing balance changes when adjusting volume. This clearly shouldn't be happening. 

I recommend unpairing the headphones from your iPhone and establish a new connection to see if this still continues. If you have other devices, please try pairing to those to see if you experience the same problem. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Bill Snape
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2021

Interesting, I have exactly the same problem.

I’m using an IPhone 12 running 14.4IOS and a IPod 4 mini also running 14.4.

I’ve deleted the QC Earbuds from both units and re paired them. 

Firmware version 1.2.7.-11653+787c799

Serial number 081141m03402695ae

It’s as if the volume control has become a balance control. On low volume the left bud outputs the most sound at low volume and at centered volume both buds have nearly equal output. At high volume the right bud outputs the most sound and starts to distort at high volume. 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Bill Snape,

Thanks for providing that information, it's strange that you are also experiencing this issue with the volume controls!

So I know, when you are controlling the volume of the earbuds, are you doing this from the iPhone or iPod, or are you using the volume touch controls on the buds themselves? Do you still hear the balance change with both methods of adjusting the volume?

If you haven't activated the touch volume control on the earbuds yet, this can be done through the Bose Music app by going to Settings > Control > Volume Touch Control and toggling this on.

Let me know how you get on with this testing!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Alonofff
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2021

I have the same issue started just today. It is the same with other devices not only iPhone. What can be done?

Jessie_O

Hey Alonofff, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue as well. 

I would recommend making sure you have tried all the troubleshooting outlined in this thread. I would definitely recommend the firmware update. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with this.

Let me know how you get on!

Rojanomano5
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2021

I am still in the 90 day trial period and I am getting ready to return the QC earbuds, since I have already experienced this issue 3 time within 2 weeks.  I called Bose Support and they told me that I needed to get the Firmware update.  I did what they said and it worked well for a few days and then when I switch from my iPhone to my iPad Pro, the problem came back.  So, I hooked up my earbuds to the computer, updated the firmware again and that fisted the issue.  But the top quality price I payed, I feel like I should not have to jump through hoops to get this product to perform correctly.  I am seriously on the fence about returning the QC earbuds before the 90 trial period.  I should not have to hook the earbuds to my computer to fix this reoccurring problem

Ziggy12
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2021

I'm having this same issue on android after connecting to Mac 

Ziggy12
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2021

I have also verified I have the latest firmware update using the computer method.  Testing on a PC, I have this same issue.  So far I've tested on a new Samsung 20 MacBook pro and windows 10 Pro. Very disappointing.. un pair ring and re pairing has no affect on the issue..

Ziggy12
Contributor
Registered since

May 23, 2021

It seems doing the product reset by putting them in the case close the lid for 5 seconds, open the hold the blue tooth button for 30 seconds and the lights go solid white to flashing blue. Remove the device from your device list and re pair it. This also made my volume control work much better.  I'm thinking after a firmware update this needs done..hope this helps..