Bose Free Soundsport

United States

Firmware Version

(2.8.0)
App Version

(14.0)
Device

(Samsung Galaxy S20)

This issue just started recently, as in within the last month.  I did try to search the forum with like issues, but seeing as battery issues are quite diverse, I started a new thread.

The way it started about a month ago is I would take the headphones out of the case.  The message would tell me that they were at 100% and they would connect.  About anywhere between 15-30 minutes of listening, the headphones would say that the battery is low, and then within 5 minutes after that message, they would shut off.

At first, this issue wasn't persistent, only happening intermittently.  After a few times of doing this, I ensured that the firmware was up to date to see if that remedied the issue.  Even after updating both the firmware and the app, this issue persisted.

Fast forward to within the last week, and now I put in my headphones (at 100% charge), and without any warning, they just shut off roughly 5-10 minutes after removing them from the case.  This issue has been happening consistently.  This morning when this happened, I took the headphones and put them back in the case.  I took them out of the case and put them back in my ear about a minute later, and the message said they were at 70% (again, after only 5-10 minutes of use), but again after 5-10 minutes, they just shut off........no warning, no low battery message, just shut off.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeremyWM
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

Re: Battery, battery, battery

Author Accepted Answer selected by JeremyWM

Yep, I already saw this as the copied and pasted response to several others having battery issues with this product, and I have already tried all of the solutions suggested, and none of them had any affect.

No worries, my wife already got me a set of Samsung wireless earbuds for Christmas.  She already had a pair and I've tried them and they work great.

Onward and upward, and this set that I obviously overpaid for will find its way in the trash or in a Goodwill donation pile.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JeremyWM
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

If it helps, here are the Serial Numbers:

Right:  [Edited by Moderator]

Left:  [Edited by Moderator]

gmoreno1234
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

I have a similar problem.  Earbud voice says batter at 100%.  After an hour it says to re-charge.  10 minutes later it turns off.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

From how you are both describing this, it does sound like either your battery is not charging correctly, or it is draining much faster than it should be. Making sure the headphones are fully up to date is a great place to start troubleshooting so thanks for doing that @JeremyWM and letting us know!

What I would recommend doing next is checking the charger you are connecting the headphones to. The SoundSport Free's need a charger that is rated for 5 VDC, 0.8 A. If you are using a charger that is not rated for this, it could explain why you are having trouble with the battery in your headphones. Try using another charger and see if you still have the same problem.

I'd also recommend performing a reset of the headphones, which you can do by following these steps:

• Place your earbuds in the charging case
  • Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  • Remove your earbuds from the case.

Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JeremyWM
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by JeremyWM

Yep, I already saw this as the copied and pasted response to several others having battery issues with this product, and I have already tried all of the solutions suggested, and none of them had any affect.

No worries, my wife already got me a set of Samsung wireless earbuds for Christmas.  She already had a pair and I've tried them and they work great.

Onward and upward, and this set that I obviously overpaid for will find its way in the trash or in a Goodwill donation pile.

View solution in original post